Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-01-2004, 06:44 PM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

Humble and Expert Opinion?, I'd say if anyone can say they are an expert with Clowns it's you Wendel... Lost, sorry to hear of your loss, it's always a shame to loose a fish you truely enjoy. I'd love to get another pair one day, but I'll have to wait a bit at least.

On a side note Wendel, those rotifers I got from you are still in my fridge, I know the rotifers are probably dead but will there be some cysts do you think? I've just been slower getting things set up than I thought I would be. I've got Nano paste and nano green water as well as Iso green water.

Doug
Old 02-02-2004, 12:27 AM

zulu_principle is on a distinguished road

Humble and experienced, I would never suggest that im in expert in anything.

Wendell

Doug, I will PM you on the rotifers.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:15 AM

chwkreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyB
More likely if chased out of the tank by something.
Yeah, good thought. Any chance you had any fish lice or some other type of large free swimming parasite. I had a perc jump out of his tank about 12 years ago because a single louse attached and freaked the fish enough to jump out of the tank.

Bill
Old 02-02-2004, 06:10 AM

redrum is on a distinguished road

I've had three Perc. Clowns jump into my over flow to my sump. Luckily I caught one before he went down one of my stand pipes. For the other two it was unfortunately too late. Needless to say I have now covered the opening with egg-crate and have not lost any since. These were all happy fish with no enemies. When I enquired about the very same thing at the LFS (are they known for jumping) he replied, "Their stupid fish". And that's as close to an answer as I ever got ...................
Old 02-02-2004, 06:19 AM

LostMind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LostMind

I havent seen any parasites in my tank.

and I also had to cover my overflows - the chromis kept going for rides down the tubes when it was uncovered
Old 02-02-2004, 04:23 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

I once had two tank bred Ocellaris clowns. They both jumped out. I have never experienced that with wild caught ones. Could be coincidence I don't know.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 02-02-2004, 05:07 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

Like birds, if a fish is spooked I expect they will jump. My cockatiel will go nuts once in a while if you walk past his cage at night. And of course my goby has sump surfed several times, jumping right into the overflow, always at night. I expect a snail stumbled across his burrow and he flipped right out, I'm just glad I've never found him dried up on my eurobracing. Occasionally I see him in the morning before the lights are on, cowering in a corner, looking like he's just seen the devil himself or something. I don't think a fish needs "enemies" to jump.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 02-02-2004, 06:27 PM

LostMind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LostMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
Occasionally I see him in the morning before the lights are on, cowering in a corner, looking like he's just seen the devil himself or something.
I wonder what the fish devil looks like....

hehe.

Thanks teevee - that just made my morning, I am not sure why but I found it quite funny.

The replacement clownfish is doing quite well, he is a lot more yellow then the other clownfish who is quite orange... but they get along and the new guy is eating.

New guy's name is kero-chun from sakura again (my fiancee really likes that cartoon for some reason).

All I can say, is thanks Wendell and Ocean Aquatics!