Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-24-2011, 04:32 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCane View Post
Lately I've been reading a lot of posts and articles about certain critters getting harvested off of coral reefs instead of being captive bread. Does anyone know where I can find a list of creatures to avoid buying so as to not support the destruction of the worlds coral reefs?

examples of a couple specifics I'm worried about is cleaner wrasses and anemones, especially large carpet anemones

going to be hard to do but can be done , as stated previously ora fish are captive bred but the selection isnt huge as we still have trouble breeding certain kinds of fish.corals are easy enough and same with some types of nems,carpets would be harder to aquire that arent wild caught.....alot of lfs try to buy locally which is great but some will say they dont buy wildcaught and they do so use your own judgement.

when buying try to buy from other reefers its a safe way to guarantee less from the wild, but there are never any guarantees more arent being ordered.as time goes by in the hobby we are slowly learning how to breed and what not to harvest.

good to see that your thinking this need more like you