Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 01-01-2004, 01:01 AM
UnderWorldAquatics

my definition of UPS is, anal rapists
I dont touch them and if something shows up collect through them I refuse it, they are the reason small business go bankrupt, every couple weeks I seem to get random bills from UPS saying I owe them money and need to send payment right away, i phone them up, ask whats up, and they say it must be an error, I think they just try to see how many people pay for random bills.... these invoices are for hundreds of dollars US, if you have a problem with UPS, tell me about it, I like yelling at the regional manager, it relives my stress....
Old 01-01-2004, 01:42 AM

chwkreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWorldAquatics
I dont touch them and if something shows up collect through them I refuse it, they are the reason small business go bankrupt, every couple weeks I seem to get random bills from UPS saying I owe them money and need to send payment right away, i phone them up, ask whats up, and they say it must be an error, I think they just try to see how many people pay for random bills.... these invoices are for hundreds of dollars US, if you have a problem with UPS, tell me about it, I like yelling at the regional manager, it relives my stress....
C'mon tell us how you really feel . . . don't hold back! your among friends here. It's a safe place. So I see for you the three letters that make up UPS is actually a four letter word for you!!

Based on my little experience with them, I can totally agree. When I used to do contract work with Microsoft they always FedEX'd everything to me (everything prepaid or on account) so my first (and only experience with UPS) is when I got that flippin little vial of rotifer cysts and was informed I had to pay an amount basically 3 times more than the value of what I spent, I almost had a heart attack

Certainly the next time I need a Pit Bull to do some barking at UPS for me, I'll be sure to email you.

Can anyone confirm that Economy Parcel Post is using the "postal service"

Bill
Old 01-01-2004, 01:47 AM
UnderWorldAquatics

anytime "post" is used in a shipping term, it almost always refers to postal service
Old 01-01-2004, 02:05 AM

Quote:
anytime "post" is used in a shipping term, it almost always refers to postal service
That's what I thought. Steve's reply in this thread confused me.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:46 AM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

Gotta like people who call a spade a spade. I used to keep seahorses and was bringing live shrimp up from Las Vegas, the fellow I bought from was excellent to deal with, but the shipping, out of this world, plus I had to pick them up at the airport, plus, somehow (no one knows how) the brokers would open my box to verify the contents, and one of the two bags of shrimp ALWAYS dissapeared. When you're buying 200 shrimp and expecting to pay 50cents each and only 100 make it, all the sudden a buck a shrimp is to rich for me to be feeding seahorses.

The acrylic, I've seen super cheap stuff too, they call it 1/8th in thickness but you can bend it, pinch it etc, it's super thin and has faint lines alright but they are obvious. How much 6in do you want I can get you a price from a guy who says' he's got tons of it.

Doug
Old 01-01-2004, 05:20 AM

Doug, you've got PM
Old 01-01-2004, 01:19 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
not realy.. the last 3 items I got that were sent by POST ended up showing up via UPS and hence were refused.

e-mail the seller and ask him what his econimal post is. In the us UPS ground is refured to as econimal as it is cheep unless you hit the border.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:00 PM
UnderWorldAquatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
Quote:
not realy.. the last 3 items I got that were sent by POST ended up showing up via UPS and hence were refused.

e-mail the seller and ask him what his econimal post is. In the us UPS ground is refured to as econimal as it is cheep unless you hit the border.

Steve
I guess you bought off of the uneducated...
UPS is not a post service, its a courier
but yeah, I know what you mean, people never use correct terminology
Old 01-01-2004, 11:45 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess you bought off of the uneducated...
UPS is not a post service, its a courier
but yeah, I know what you mean, people never use correct terminology
ya and the think was these were huge companies not little ones or priviat people.. the problem is that huge companies send there regular mail via curier and the mentaility is that that is post. the reason for this is UPS is so damn cheep when staying with in the US that when they send stacks of mail from one office to the other it is actualy cheeper than paying postage on each letter. Also the supply/delivery chain in the US is becomming based on a currier set up instead of mail so to them UPS is commen and cheep and why would anyone even concider the inefficient USPS system when you have UPS.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:47 AM

stephane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
UPS are the worst shipping compagny I ever deal with. I will never deal with them anymore

they loose stuff.....break..... dont want to pay even when ensured and when they do it take month. I also get volume discount but they never aply it and charge full price when receive the bill, customer servise is bullshit and it goes one and one..............

Tank picture update sept 2004