Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-17-2004, 08:11 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw
I've never seen them eat amphipods as they can't catch them. I've seen them eat spaghetti worms, freeze dried plankton, and frozen food (back when I was still feeding frozen food). I now only feed flake, cyclopeeze and DT's most of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they're eating flake and cyclopeeze.
weird mine wont touch anything I put in the tank, well maybe the bbs but they also don't touch my spagetti worms, the male has been in there for almost 1.5 years and all I have ever seen him eat is stuff he picks off the rock.

Kris as far as pods go I made a big pod pile behind my rockwork when I set the tank back up. so no need whats so ever for the refuge now.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:19 PM

kris is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to kris Send a message via MSN to kris

LMAO steve.. i do not know why i did not think of that. wasn't i thinking about it for the "new tank" when i still had the 100g at my parrents. *shakes head* i guess that is what lack of sleep will do to you. Hmmm now that i think of it i have a great area for it.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:31 PM

Tigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tigger

I don't have any sand in my refugium. Just Calurpa. It is on a reverse photo period
Old 01-17-2004, 08:32 PM

apepper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
... as far as pods go I made a big pod pile behind my rockwork when I set the tank back up. so no need whats so ever for the refuge now.
Steve
Sorry for my ignorance but can you explain how you did this in more detail.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:01 PM

kris is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to kris Send a message via MSN to kris

no worries apepper, its simple. basically all you want is live rock bits. to get this either buy live rock, or next time your at JL get some live rock rubbel. i would say you want chunks around the size of a quarter. Then you make a pile of this rubble in your tank, and presto you have a pod breeding ground. The basic idea is the preditors cant get to them there, so they can breed away!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:31 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by apepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
... as far as pods go I made a big pod pile behind my rockwork when I set the tank back up. so no need whats so ever for the refuge now.
Steve
Sorry for my ignorance but can you explain how you did this in more detail.
get the ugly branch rock for cheep, get a hammer and break it into about 1" chunks an put them in a pile in the corner of the tank or along the back.. this will prevent preditors from getting in that area and provide a breading ground for bugs that cannot be wiped out.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.