Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

I Think it's BS, I think he was dead in a rat hole in 2001 but like said by others here WAR is good business as long as the machine is running. I think the real reason this timely announcement was made was that the US fed. held a press conference last week to announce that they will not raise interest rates for quite some time..... (Because they can't afford to)so that means more QE.(printing Money) that they can't afford to put into circulation either.(but it's the lesser of two evils right now) Long story short the US is bankrupt & this & other announcements will be made in hope of gathering some national unity before the US greenback falls off the world stage as the most widely accepted currency, which will have very, very bad effects.

America is "winning" (maybe Charlie Sheen wasn't so crazy) He just had drug induced visions of the future.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

No matter how evil he is I can not take pleasure in someone's death.

He is responsible for the death of thousands. Who is responsible for the death of 100,000 Iraqi civillians?

This thing will not end with the death of Bin Laden. As long as the Muslims have a grievance they will be fighting us. As despicable as their terrorist tactics are, there are no other tactics they can use to fight the U.S. They are faced with an overwhelming military force and they are at a huge technological disadvantage when the U.S. has stealth aircraft, cruise missiles, predator drones, etc. What sort of tactics would we use if our country were invaded by the U.S.? Most likely improvised explosive devices.

We will not have peace until we have justice. Not to say that the terrorists are justified in their actions, but until the lives of people in those countries are improved, and they are able to live with some dignity, they will hate us and they will try to kill us.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Oh man... I don't even know where to start with this one... It makes my head hurt.

OK, so a small disclaimer here before I join the rant: I'm not a USA fan. So I apologize before hand if I say anything that offends anyone... but you know, this is the internet and I have a keyboard so I'm entitled to an opinion, right?

Ok, so Bin Laden has been killed... again. I couldn't really argue with them the first times he was killed, nor this time. So I'll go out on a limb and assume they got the real Slim Shady this time.

However, I call BS on a lot of this. Part of it is probably just media and half-assed, sensationalized reporting but there is something that makes me uneasy about this.

The part that really set off alarms was when all the news reports started saying "he was buried at sea according to Islamic traditions"... Whaaa? Really? First of all, I'm not even Muslim and I know that's a load of crap. Their tradition is to be buried within a day with your head facing the holy city, not having your dead arse dumped over the side of a boat. Second, they expect me to buy into this whole "We beat terrorism" b******t they've been touting but, oh, ya.. we kinda dumped the body off a boat so we can't really prove it. Our bad, World. Our bad...

And besides, when has the US ever been known to really go out of their way to respect Islamic traditions... Just sayin'. Like, the US is not exactly universally known for acceptance and religious tolerance..

Even if they did bury Bin Laden according to his traditions (which they didn't), they did something really stupid. Now I'm the most anti-war person you'll probably meet and I'm not for disrespecting religious traditions, but in respecting Bin Laden's traditions at burial they signal to the world they recognize him as, in the words of The Dude, a worthy adversary (explicatives deleted). Had it been the most epic battle of great nations in a war to end all wars, you'd do that... not someone you have, more or less, been referring to as the cockroach of the world. Napolean, gets respect. Bin Laden, not so much.

So, this is probably the media being retarded as usual. The likely cause is that they dumped the body at sea so people couldn't rally around it. Sure, good call. But then again, where's the proof? They've been playing a BS war for a decade that is basically run through media, so why the hell would I buy into this now? They embalmed Houssien's sons' bodies for proof before burial, what is the difference now?

Ok, so ranting aside... My guess is that he's probably ACTUALLY dead this time; unless he's part cat, has 9 lives and always lands on his feet if dropped from a minimum height of 3 feet. But while he might be dead this is not the last we're going to be hearing about this. Bin Laden is Dead, Al-Qaeda Lives. I bet anything that in the next few weeks there is going to be some new story, person or boogey man that will come out of this that will be just another excuse to go to war. Again.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Nanoized is on a distinguished road
Default So they awarded the "Nobel Peace Prize"...

to a man that issued a "Kill" order.

I wonder if they are going to ask for it back.

Last edited by Nanoized; 05-12-2011 at 10:55 AM.