Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-24-2011, 07:23 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
Still don't see the fuss in here, he honestly puts in all the effort to supply a food that in reality is to costly to produce. and it works to. Laurie had a good point with KFC, print off that document and storm into one demanding to see all the ingredients. If something has been proven to work, no point questioning it
Exactly, Thank-you

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
if you have a problem with his food ingredients then take it to a PM .. you my friend are the drama in this post.
Agreed
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 PM

Hawkaholic is on a distinguished road

There aren't any ingredients listed on the product...why would there be a shelf life or if it should be refrigerated. Just thought I would throw this in here cuz this thread is starting to get retarded but funny at the same time.

I myself use Acan Plus and I love it and will continue to use it with or without an ingredients list. Its funny how one person is just a bit curious about the ingredients should be listed and someone else gets bent out of shape cuz he/she is getting more attention(tissue anyone??)

Personally I would pay $45 to $50 for Acan Plus if it gets my corals looking good. If I have a $100-$150-$200 coral I need to feed...who gives a rats ass how much it costs. Anyone who has a reef tank but bitches about cost should REALLY find another hobby.

James or Jason...you did a great thing with this product (hats off) but sorry to say you should have known something like this was going to happen.

And lastly...with bullshit like this thread...it really takes the fun out of this hobby...grow up people.*

*My apologies to the mods and canreef for this post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Jason I made you a label.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post

AWESOME!

Best looking label I've seen in awhile
Old 03-24-2011, 10:09 PM

RedCoralEdmonton is on a distinguished road

Here are the ingredients: Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA.... nuff said

Steve
Old 03-24-2011, 10:48 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2o2 View Post
Maybe i missed it some where but what is the shelf live of Acan+ cause i am only home every 2 weeks to feed it for a week.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
I would be in for a group buy.
+1 How long is shelf life? Refrigeration required?
Thanks
Acan+ is a powder that you mix with water to your desired thickness, so no real shelf life and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
There aren't any ingredients listed on the product...why would there be a shelf life or if it should be refrigerated. Just thought I would throw this in here cuz this thread is starting to get retarded but funny at the same time.

I myself use Acan Plus and I love it and will continue to use it with or without an ingredients list. Its funny how one person is just a bit curious about the ingredients should be listed and someone else gets bent out of shape cuz he/she is getting more attention(tissue anyone??)

Personally I would pay $45 to $50 for Acan Plus if it gets my corals looking good. If I have a $100-$150-$200 coral I need to feed...who gives a rats ass how much it costs. Anyone who has a reef tank but bitches about cost should REALLY find another hobby.

James or Jason...you did a great thing with this product (hats off) but sorry to say you should have known something like this was going to happen.

And lastly...with bullshit like this thread...it really takes the fun out of this hobby...grow up people.*

*My apologies to the mods and canreef for this post

Could not have said it better myself. If you want to try it then try it, if you like the what it does for your coral - buy it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post

+1 awesome, I would have put the word ' goodness' in place of win but it is still awesome.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

OK time for my 2 pennies...

first of all when did can reef become a so opinionated?????? a year ago half these posts would have been removed before they were read by more than a couple people.... while i agree that freedom of speech is important, we do NOT always have to exercise this RIGHT....

IMO what we have here is someone who has developed their own food for themselves and has decided to help suppliment the costs by selling it... GOOD for him.... ( is michikas food next for the attack? Which i dont use but would if my fish had more of a tast for it..... just another good example of the entreprenureal (sp sorry) skills exhibited by fello canfeefers... and please dont bring up the fact that she has listed her ingredient list... this is little more than an excuse to question ones methods.. again if you wont use a product without a ingredient list then dont...
I use what works for me and not because someone tells me to but because i can see results in my tanks..

in closing all i am going to say is IF YOU LIKE THIS PRODUCT USE IT... IF YOU HAVE SOME PROBLEM WITH THE PACKAGING OR OTHERWISE THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND USE ANOTHER PRODUCT AN LEAVE IT AT THAT..

This thread has lost its OPINIONATIVE tone and started towards an argumentitive one for no reason (that i can see) other than someone wants the recipe... Just reading between the lines here...

Great job jason keep up the good work..
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:14 PM

es355lucille is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to es355lucille
Talking

I think its time for spring to be here.....everyone is worked up.

Smile its really easy to do.

Have a great day guys & gals! Enjoy the hobby we really are passionate about.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51996

Photobucket
Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 PM

Xenia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2o2 View Post
Maybe i missed it some where but what is the shelf live of Acan+ cause i am only home every 2 weeks to feed it for a week.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
I would be in for a group buy.
+1 How long is shelf life? Refrigeration required?
Thanks
The shelf life is one year after the manufacturing date. Refrigeration is not required, just store in a cool dry place.
I guess if you put it in the fridge it stays fresher, just like other food.

The last bottle I've seen in the store has February 2011 on it, so I think the freshness factor is pretty good.