Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Red Coral Aquarium > Red Coral Online

Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 AM

RedCoralOnlineStore is on a distinguished road
Default Introductions

Hi Canreefers!

I thought I might just introduce myself. Some of you may already know me from the boards. I have been a Canreefer for a few years now as "Carmen". I joined the hobby just 2 1/2 years ago with a 27G , then to a 72G and I currently run a 144G Half Circle Mixed Reef. I am still very passionate in the hobby, just with less time to spend on it unfortunately.

I am a stay-at-home mother of two which occupies a great deal of my time. I have enjoyed being home with the kids but I have found myself needing a little time for "me" so I started working for Red Coral Aquarium Calgary 2 years ago on Saturdays. A job and a hobby all-in-one!

My most recent endeavor has been to take on the challenge of the Red Coral Online Store Franchise. Again, I get to put my passion for the hobby into my work. It has already been a great adventure with plenty of time and hard work invested but I am eager to make the onlinestore a place that my customers are eager to visit in search of new products and livestock.

If you haven't already had a look at the "new" onlinestore I encourage you to take a minute to visit. The website has had a bit of an overhaul. It has been "revitalized"! I hope the new store is much more user-friendly with a simple category format. I have now added in efficient shipping and payment modules. The store now uses a Secure Gateway to process all credit card transactions. All transactions will be pre-authorized in order to allow for shipping confirmations via email. I have incorporated into the website a direct link to the other Red Coral Stores with the main store being Calgary, and the Edmonton and Lethbridge Franchises.

I will be updating livestock weekly or biweekly. We have new orders of product and livestock arriving every week so check back often!

I would like to encourage all customers to email if you have any questions. We do have the option to special order product or livestock so if you are looking for something specific, let me know.

www.redcoralaquarium.net

Thanks for looking!
Carmen

Last edited by RedCoralOnlineStore; 01-09-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:58 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Are you guys affiliated with Liveaquaria.com or use the same supplier? Just curious as it would be great to have a local supplier that can get a huge range of fish in through on-line ordering but local pick up.

Last edited by RedCoralOnlineStore; 01-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:06 AM

We are not affiliated with LiveAquaria but have many different suppliers. Availablity of livestock is always changing so emailing is your best bet if you are looking for a specific fish. Special orders are always an option and the Franchises offer in store pick up if you order them through the store itself.

Last edited by RedCoralOnlineStore; 01-08-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Hey Carmen, nice job on the site. I was wondering if I was to order could it be picked up in Calgary or does it have to be shipped. I see a few zoas on the site I have never seen in store.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 01-08-2011, 05:38 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Hey Carmen, nice job on the site update. Looks good and is way easier to use.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
Hey Carmen, nice job on the site. I was wondering if I was to order could it be picked up in Calgary or does it have to be shipped. I see a few zoas on the site I have never seen in store.
Thanks Greg! And I spoke to you today but incase anyone else is wondering, the online store is basically a separate franchise so all online sales must be shipped, otherwise, the sale would go to the Retail store that the product/livestock is picked up at. On that note, often the four stores will have similar livestock since suppliers are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Hey Carmen, nice job on the site update. Looks good and is way easier to use.
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the feedback!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:39 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Hi Carmen I just got around to checking out the website and I have to say you did a fantastic job on it
Old 01-15-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Hi Carmen I just got around to checking out the website and I have to say you did a fantastic job on it
Thanks Laurie! It's a work in progress!