Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 11-30-2010, 12:44 AM

Flash is on a distinguished road

pretty sure he has more then 1 tank people!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:04 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunl View Post
Everything is compatible when it is small.....but when that Volitan grows....
There is no volitan in those pictures, all are dwarfs
Old 11-30-2010, 02:40 AM

dunl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound96 View Post
its a fumanchu but still shouldnt be set up with that livestock

Isn't that a volitan on the right?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 AM

Mandosh is on a distinguished road

Zebra

Last edited by Mandosh; 11-30-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:03 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
pretty sure he has more then 1 tank people!
He does have more than tank , I know this guy and lots of people keep lions with small fish and other animals it all depends on the species and whatcthe small fish are.

Also no all the fish in his signature are in a different tank
Old 11-30-2010, 05:49 AM

rokosd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to rokosd

Yes peoples, I have 2 tanks with the livestock split accordingly. I have no problems with my tanks or livestock that I have and in which tank they are in. And actually tonight when I was feeding the 20Gal tank, the Seahorse wrapped around the Lionfish to help the Seahorse get food. I was a bit worried when I seen this but they actually got along really well and the Lionfish did not hurt the Seahorse in any way nor did it try to get away from the Seahorse or Seahorse try to get away from the Lionfish. I think that if either of them had a problem with the other, they would never be near each other, small tank or not, they would avoid each other at all costs. The Lionfish is ONLY eating frozen food. There is even a peppermint shrimp in this tank with them that the Lionfish can easily eat and has not. Maybe time will tell but for right now, no harm. I would have taken the peppermint shrimp out but i cannot catch him without destroying the tank and risking everything in that tank so I chose not to, sorry if you are offended by this.

And yes, shelps those are really nice pictures. I think people need to just relax and try new things. A Seahorse and a Lionfish yes, but a Seahorse with a shark?! Deffinately not. You can see why and the difference. Lionfish will only eat things they can get into their mouth in one shot and a shark will attack anything. This is not to put reason behind my choice but to put insight into this thread. I used logical thinking versus thoughts and opinions. The Lionfish cannot eat the Seahorse in one shot. I am in NO means a pro, nor would I ever say that I am. I am actually quite new to this hobby. Marine is extremely fascinating compared to the freshwater I have been around my whole life.

I am not mad at peoples opinions and I am always open to other peoples thoughts and opinions.

Last edited by rokosd; 11-30-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:58 PM

dunl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokosd View Post
I was asked to share this photo with Canreefers to see what people think?! The Seahorse and Lionfish in this photo are in the same tank and have been since aquiring the Lionfish. They are in a 20Gal, mixed reef and fish tank. Please feel free to ask questions or comment on this photo.
You posted the above info only. And in your last response, looks like you knew what responses you would receive, and understood it would be controversial.

Perhaps if you had explained things as well in your first post as you did in the last one, then you wouldn't have received those types of responses. But then again, as you didn't provide all the details in the first post, I can only assume that you wanted to cause a controversy.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Have to admit when sphelps first showed pic.'s of his lionfish and seahorse together I thought he was crazy. Also thought that for sure the lion would eat the seahorse but that never happened and seeing pic.'s of how well they still get along together after all this time definitely changed my thinking.

I'd have to agree that a 20g is a bit small (not to bad but bigger is always better ) I do now believe that a lionfish and a seahorse can and will get along fine together.