Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-15-2002, 05:53 PM

stephane is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone ever used Algone?

Aj there only one key in most algea problem all the rest are IMO quick fix but realy not a great id. If you have algea in you tank you have an unbalance and the algea are there to balance the tank before it crash so kill it will more stress you tank than any

This is an advice I give to someone els an IMO aply to you ;)

If the Algea is not about to kill the coral in your tank your better try to find where they came
eliminate the source of the problem and then the algae will go by them self

Cylcling and new tank,to much feed,to much additive,low calcium and alkalinity,defective or
no R/O check your top off TDS,copper ting inside the tank are most of the time the cause

Good carbon,poly fylter,water change (assuming your water have very low TDS), heavy skimming,
put a diatom filter will greatly help to if you have one, if you dont, and have a sump buy 2 swiming pool cartrige and put on in the intake pump of your sump and clean (Javel) it every other day rotating whit the other one. are most of the time the good medication

Tell us more about your tank and 99% of the time we will fix the problemm chemical free
Old 06-15-2002, 06:34 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Stephane, I sincerely do appreciate all your input and advice. But at the risk of sounding obnoxious, I'd really like a quick-fix so I can see if any more corals are dieing... Then continue to work on the problem long-term.

I don't yet have the patience or discipline to implement and follow through with some of the solutions that are correctly suggested. Or, I suppose, confidence in my abilities in this exquisite hobby.

:(

AJ

[ 15 June 2002, 21:41: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]
Old 06-16-2002, 04:32 AM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

I've only seen this product on the internet - has anyone used it, or heard of anyone using it? It seems like it may be an answer to the Green Water issue, short-term anyways.

As always, any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.