Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-22-2010, 01:58 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Mac View Post
Running a UV sterilizer since day one. My regal has had ich and has fought it off before and the tang is healthy and loves my landscape and swims lots and in my opinion is a very healthy specimen. So I take all your points into mind but visually I think theres nothing wrong with my situation. I havent heard of a powder brown needing quite 10 feet to swim. I mean thats just not in the deck of cards. Pretty much every tang requires 90 gal min yet you still see yellows in every system out there. I dont feel im being hurtful or cruel to my powder.....or should I???
A 10 foot tank is nice but not necessary.
Tangs with the exception of a kole tang need large tanks, 6 footers because they are swimmers and do that all day. They need the length to be able to freely motor back and forth.
Those who have had tangs in smaller tanks and moved up or observed them swimming is larger tanks noticed the marked improvement in the fish.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
A 10 foot tank is nice but not necessary.
Tangs with the exception of a kole tang need large tanks, 6 footers because they are swimmers and do that all day. They need the length to be able to freely motor back and forth.
Those who have had tangs in smaller tanks and moved up or observed them swimming is larger tanks noticed the marked improvement in the fish.
and then again, some have not.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
If your tanks not 10' long... Quickly take your tank apart, take out the tang and return it to the store you got it from. Tell them that they should have never sold it to you, than tell them how to run their business and what you think they should and should not sell. Don't ever go back there again.

The firefish should be fine as soon as they find a spot where they can dart to and hide. With changing your rockwork it should also help with the aggressive behavior your tang is showing. Everything should be fine in a day or two.
HAHAHAHA....lol

too funny.

In this hobby, you get all kinds.