Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 09-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Seafan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
carpets arent easy to care for and thats the kicker and then theres the size they grow to be and the damage they can do plus they can foul a tank nasty if it dies.they are best left untill after having anemones for a long time once experienced and in an established tank they are quite nice
Ummm, I do have an established tank, am somewhat experienced, have been my saltwater tank for over 5 years now, have had 4 nems up to a couple weeks ago when I sold 3 nems, and still have 1. Never had one die. I know gbta's are easier than carpets, but once the new build is done It won't be my inexperience that keeps me from getting one, just not 100% sure I want one. I also have had a clown in my tank for over 4 of those years, but lost him to a move and getting caught in a snowstorm in the mountains for over 48 hours. That clown never wanted to host, and the burn marks on this one when he hasn't hosted in a year threw me a little, and was concerned for the toxin. thanks.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

if you go carpet any particular kind or color?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
if you go carpet any particular kind or color?
Well, I'm not american, but I'm definately partial to red, white and blue one's, lol. My first pick though would definately be blue.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
R.I.P.

oooh now you hit my soft spot . this is my blue carpet

Old 09-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
oooh now you hit my soft spot . this is my blue carpet

OOOOhhhhhhh! NICE! How long have you had him?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:24 PM
R.I.P.

i have had him for a few months now i waited untill my tank was well established like yourself i also have a huge lta at around 24" in diameterplus a small rose and green bubble gotta love the nems .im selling all my stuff now to start a new tank it will be a 4'x4'x20"h tank with center overflow for all sides viewable.the only thing im keeping going into my set up are my cinnamon clowns,yellow tang,snowflake eel and that blue carpet.the eel is going to have 1/4 of the tank partitioned for just him with a little room around it for fish to swim past.i believe but who knows lol that im going to put the carpet in segregation with the clowns and eel
Old 09-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Lampshade is on a distinguished road

Here's a Pic of my clowns in there today, happy as can be, i've tried the mirror, the picture of another clown in an anenome, a plastic clownfish beside my anenome, and others, they still don't like my GBTA. Maybe after my move next month they'll change it up. But... overall, this is still an improvment of hosting on my magfloat, where they spent a few months before i got the GBTA.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Here's a Pic of my clowns in there today, happy as can be, i've tried the mirror, the picture of another clown in an anenome, a plastic clownfish beside my anenome, and others, they still don't like my GBTA. Maybe after my move next month they'll change it up. But... overall, this is still an improvment of hosting on my magfloat, where they spent a few months before i got the GBTA.
Ha ha, thats cute! Thanks for sharing that . I didn't notice much for stings on your clowns. I wonder if they sometimes build an immunity to the toxins over time.