Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-12-2010, 04:40 AM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road
Default Rest in Peace Rob

With a heavy heart I want to publicly express my sadness that the world has lost a great diver and friend in Rob Lower.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/09/11/r...ated-injuries/

Although I've never met Rob personally, I've spoken with him numerous times while he was on one of his many dive trips; calling me from his cell phone to inform me of his latest catches and always offering me the opportunity to his freshest catch.

Most recently Rob's been gaining much popularity for his deep water dives with his newly acquired rebreather and catching the now infamous Masked Angelfish.

This latest adventure of his may have caused him to succumb to the deadly sickness of deep sea diving, the "bends".

Please join me and pray for Rob and his family that he leaves behind. He will be sorely missed by us all.

Rest in Peace Rob.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:33 AM

Jeff_ is on a distinguished road

Deep diving definitely has it's risks and unfortunately claims another life. Though I have never met Rob, I appreciate his efforts in getting new species that otherwise would be impossible to acquire from conventional methods of capture. Thoughts are with his family. RIP Rob.