Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-17-2010, 06:35 AM

Scubasteve23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Really impressed with your overflow job. I know for a fact my skills decline to damn near zero when I have a flowing tube of silicone in my hand!

How do you plan to skin the stand? Are you doing a canopy I don't recall reading about that.
no canopy but the stand will be getting finished with oak panels and details with a granite inlayed top.. hopefully my shop will finish my panels this week or im gonna be pist..haha..they were due like 2 weeks ago..not so impressed with my guys at the moment..haha..and the granite that i originally went with kept breaking so i have chose another kind and hopefully i can harras the granite guys tomorrow and get it soon aswell... any more questions??..if so just ask thanks for the questions and replies..oh anyone have any koralia 4's or media reactors for sale that are willing to ship??
Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I thought the same thing. Good job. What is the Aquaclear Filter on the side of your sump for?
well because i havent been able to get any reactors quite yet im using the aquaclear filter for carbon at the moment..i cant wait to get some bio-pellets running and a proper carbon reactor aswell
Old 08-17-2010, 06:49 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

If you don't have a refugium you can turn it in to one once you get a carbon reactor. They actually don't work too bad, a freind did that to his Aquaclear. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9miXlQQ31v0
Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 AM

ya i have thought about that but i also dont have enought room once the doors get installed anyways..kinda messed up by making the stand so short... if god had given me longer legs this wouldnt have been the case.. :P
Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 AM

Trabby is on a distinguished road

Looking great!! What are your stocking plans?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:59 AM

Still not sure on the stocking plans...dont have a planned nailed down.. i have a bit of a fish wish list :P but for coral ill be taking it slow and learning by trial and error...haha best way to learn i find.. but i have some new photos for u all... a bit blurry but ill try to get some better pics soon i promise...here they are

Old 08-18-2010, 06:05 AM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

I like the aquascape it gives lots of holes to hide in
Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 AM

ya its not bad, the new guy came over and helped me, thanks Justin.. best brother in-law ever...... now that i can see in it though i do want to make some passage ways through to the other side so the fish will be able to swim from both sides of the tank and still be viewed while still leaving ample hiding spaces, also want to make sure there are lots of ledges where coral can go.... god i cant wait for my new light haha..thanks for all the input..keep it coming.. its appreciated
Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 AM

on a side note...would anyone be interested in a directional book on building your own tank stand and canopy? im toying with the idea of writing one..and no i wont make the stands in the book short like mine :P just want to see if there is even an interest out there????
Old 08-22-2010, 04:57 PM

The_new_guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve23 View Post
on a side note...would anyone be interested in a directional book on building your own tank stand and canopy? im toying with the idea of writing one..and no i wont make the stands in the book short like mine :P just want to see if there is even an interest out there????
I think this is a great idea Steve. Write a book so Justin and I will have something to go off of incase you die hahahahahah
Oh and feel free to do different kinds of tanks/overflows/etc. Don't forget to do up directions for a corner tank

I think you should just do up an entire DIY book for Justin and I hahah