Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital

Old 07-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I had a question on your AI fixtures, how do you like the colour produced by them? Also, how do you find the coverage?

I'm considering a single AI fixture over my 33 gallon (36 long by 12 front to back). I would have it turned so the fixtures length was parallel to the tank (sideways from the conventional method) My concerns are dark corners on the bottom (I don't need to grow SPS on the bottom corners but I don't want them dark) and the loss of the red and green spectrum causing some corals to look terrible

Cheers
Old 07-17-2010, 03:36 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi

You would need two units, one would not do it on 36" in fact even two would be pushing it unless you raised the lamps to a good 24" off the water, but as you do not need huge Par then you may get away with this.

The colour is good, I cant say I am the best expert in the field, I can only say what I see from previous lamps (T5 and HO) and that is they more than match my expectations.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:37 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
I planned to run the pool on a ProfiLux outdoor, but due to the dual voltage the pool required I decided it was not the best option. But fear not I have Matthias's attention on developing a ProfiLux Pool controller, and I have no doubts this will come

For now back to the tank build thread but more on this project as it gets going.
can the proflux output a simple 5V on or off? if so you could run the 220 with a solinoid triggered with a 5V input.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 AM

Yes, it can use the GHL ADIN card which stands for Analogue digital interface

Next year I think you will see a full on GHL pool controller, its a long time coming
Old 08-06-2010, 05:56 PM

cherrycorals is on a distinguished road

I would give one a try. If you find it insufficient just add another unit. One unit will give you the high light and low light areas so you can support both SPS and LPS corals with success.

The new Tri color pucks will be out soon to which will be very nice!! Blue/Royal Blue and 1 white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
Hi there,

I had a question on your AI fixtures, how do you like the colour produced by them? Also, how do you find the coverage?

I'm considering a single AI fixture over my 33 gallon (36 long by 12 front to back). I would have it turned so the fixtures length was parallel to the tank (sideways from the conventional method) My concerns are dark corners on the bottom (I don't need to grow SPS on the bottom corners but I don't want them dark) and the loss of the red and green spectrum causing some corals to look terrible

Cheers
Old 08-15-2010, 09:37 PM

A few latest pics

Old 08-19-2010, 02:01 PM

So an update on the summer (september) project

9 foot deep! Deep enough for even my dive bombs!

Thats the easy bit done........

Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 PM

JonT is on a distinguished road

So, you sold me... Problem is I don't have big $$ to buy it all at once. So, where should I start? Balling method? Controller for the other functions of the tank?????

I know there are "package" deals that pop up, but if I am going to do this, I will do it like all other things, "all in" but over time! I know it costs me more over the long run, but I try to save up the coin to buy it all at once, and the wife will find somewhere to spend the money, LOL. So, where to start?

If you would prefer, by all means, drop me a line.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:45 PM

I would start with the controller and build the system round that. Your best point of sale would Oakville reef gallery, Tom has kits in right now.

If you wish for us to develop a build plan for you just drop me an email and I will reply back in the next 24 hours sales@aqua-digital.com

Welcome to the amazing world of profiLux
Old 08-26-2010, 05:12 PM

Pool update

Framed

Base and surround in

Landscaping starts