Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 07-02-2010, 04:02 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road
Default BM NAC7 Questions

I need a new skimmer for a 90g mostly SPS reef I'm in the process of setting up. Would a BM NAC7 do the trick? Does anyone have any experience with this particular model and had any problems with it? The NAC7 comes with an Atman pump and mesh impeller, are these okay or need to be upgraded? The other skimmers I am considering is the Reef Octopus Super Reef 2000 or XP2000 cone and the Vertex-180IN.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:19 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

i use that exact model for my 90g. works great! purchased it direct from reefshops.com.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
I need a new skimmer for a 90g mostly SPS reef I'm in the process of setting up. Would a BM NAC7 do the trick? Does anyone have any experience with this particular model and had any problems with it? The NAC7 comes with an Atman pump and mesh impeller, are these okay or need to be upgraded? The other skimmers I am considering is the Reef Octopus Super Reef 2000 or XP2000 cone and the Vertex-180IN.

The NCA7 is a great skimmer; however, I am very impressed with the Octopus XP-series from what I have seen so far. We have multiple NCA7 skimmers in stock and can have the Octopus within a week.

O.C.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 PM

burrows14 is on a distinguished road

I ran a NAC7 on my 120 gallon and was very happy with it! It would be great on your 90g
Old 07-03-2010, 02:05 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I was hoping someone was going to say that one of these skimmers sucked and that would make my decision easier! My only concern was the Atman pump quality, but it sounds like both skimmers perform well.

Ian, I was looking at both products from Oceanic. You have prices comparable to what I would pay in the states but I would much rather deal within Canada.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:37 AM

nlreefguy is on a distinguished road

would you guys say the nac7 would be overkill for a 50 gallon heavily stocked SPS reef?