Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Trocar61

Default Mexico snorkeling pics

This trip was amazing the snorkeling was awesome. We paid a guy to take us out to a man made reef....here are some shot I took.

This is what a flying fish does when it hit you

Old 05-06-2010, 03:40 PM

Wingin It is on a distinguished road

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

just curious, why did the flying fish hit you? were you just in the way or are they aggressive fish?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Trocar61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin It View Post
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

just curious, why did the flying fish hit you? were you just in the way or are they aggressive fish?
That was my son, we were just playing around in the water, and I look up to see this fish flying in the air and it ran into him. it was quite funny I thought
Old 05-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Pazil is on a distinguished road

Awesome pics.. What part of Mexico?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Trocar61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazil View Post
Awesome pics.. What part of Mexico?
Thanks,We were in Playa Del Carmen beautiful area here is a couple shots of where we were. this guy was the tourist.

That's a picture of our resort on the way out snorkeling.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 PM

kevNnic is on a distinguished road

awesome pics, i went to cancun a couple years ago and did some snorkeling. And cuba last year. it was a blast, cuba was alot nicer IMO but they were both alot of fun!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Trocar61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevNnic View Post
awesome pics, i went to cancun a couple years ago and did some snorkeling. And cuba last year. it was a blast, cuba was alot nicer IMO but they were both alot of fun!
Ya I have been to Cuba Varadero Loved it there also, and yes I thought that as well better snorkeling than in Mexico.But both were fun Thanks for the comment.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:31 PM

kevNnic is on a distinguished road

ya, i was in veradero as well. Loved it there and will definetly be going back! Ill see if i can find any of my pics, in cuba it was kinda scary because they were throwing food all around us when we were in the water, Had fish bumping into all of us. Just a feeding frenzy! saw some pretty scary barracudas too!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Trocar61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevNnic View Post
ya, i was in veradero as well. Loved it there and will definetly be going back! Ill see if i can find any of my pics, in cuba it was kinda scary because they were throwing food all around us when we were in the water, Had fish bumping into all of us. Just a feeding frenzy! saw some pretty scary barracudas too!
Sounds like the same tour i was on....did you have a guide that snorkeled with you, and you had to follow him, he had food with him also and the fish were everywhere that was cool...Ya I would love to see them pics if you can find them.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 PM

saltwatermaniac is on a distinguished road

Yeah I just got back from Varadero last week and there was some huge barracudas and I liked how they fed the fish so they would come up to you.
I also did some snorkeling in about 6 feet of water and seen alot of juvi tangs, damsels, goatfish and jacknife. I stayed at the Melia Varadero.