Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM

George is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
if you want a nice bow valley aka "source aquatics" tank here in bc, just go to bcaquaria and contact MUNSTER TANKS they get all their tanks made by them, i guess for freshwater tanks the quality is ok??
Just to be clear, are all Munster tanks made by bow valley (or source aquatics)?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Hmm Interesting. The guy from Munster tanks represents himself on some of the forums as the guy who builds his own tanks...if they come from Bow Valley, his pricing jumps a lot!!

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:18 AM

Rahim101 is on a distinguished road

We supply Corwin Luke with all of his non bowfont tanks.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:40 AM

Blowfish is on a distinguished road

yeah he tries to tell people he builds his own tanks, my friend had bought a tank from him and payed lets just say alot more then what he would have paid if he had bought it directly from bow valley, suffice it to say he was not happy as he was told by corwin he was getting a custom crafted tank with all the perfect seams/edges and silicone work. Its surprising that Oceanic Corals has partnered with Munster tanks considering all this.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:13 PM

The Tank Guy is on a distinguished road

Canreef MODS, my apologies for posting this. There seems to be a lot of confusion and misrepresentation about Munster Tanks. I would love to clarify any and all false statements made on this thread. I will address comments made by each of the Canreef Members below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Hmm Interesting. The guy from Munster tanks represents himself on some of the forums as the guy who builds his own tanks...if they come from Bow Valley, his pricing jumps a lot!!
Hi mseepman. I wanted to clarify your confusion about Munster Tanks and how it operates its business. Munster Tanks has NEVER represented itself 'as the guy who builds his own tanks...'.

Instead, Munster Tanks has always promoted itself as a supplier of 'Premium Quality Monster Aquariums'. The company designs, builds, buys, in fact whatever it takes to get the customer what they want. If price is the main factor, I determine the course of action based on the application, budget, needs and requirements of the client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahim101 View Post
We supply Corwin Luke with all of his non bowfont tanks.

Hi Rahim. Thanks for your input. Just to clarify, I have NEVER purchased or done business with Source Aquatics. However, Bow Valley and I go a long way back. As a former National Account Manager for a Major Glass Manufacturer in the past, I used to supply glass to Bow Valley. I acquire ready-made tanks, glass to make tanks, glass for others to make us tanks, etc, from several sources.

To clarify further, Bow Valley is NOT my 'bread and butter' or even my main source of aquariums and tanks. This is due primarily to the fact that anyone can buy from Bow Valley. I support those that are loyal to me and are in it for a win-win relationship. I deal with manufacturers that sell only to re-sellers, like myself.

Quote:
yeah he tries to tell people he builds his own tanks, my friend had bought a tank from him and payed lets just say alot more then what he would have paid if he had bought it directly from bow valley, suffice it to say he was not happy as he was told by corwin he was getting a custom crafted tank with all the perfect seams/edges and silicone work. Its surprising that Oceanic Corals has partnered with Munster tanks considering all this.
Hi Blowfish. Thanks for your post. You as well, seem to be confused and mis-directed about Munster Tanks offering and services. First of all, I do not 'try to tell people', I do tell people that I make, have made and mostly get made most of my tanks for me. Secondly, until the BCA Aquaria site crash, I had a 100% I-Trader rating from my clients, which really contradicts you saying 'your friend'. I would really like to settle this 'issue' outside of this forum, if in fact it exists.

I find it personally 'very high school', very childish, very cowardly that someone would post on a forum issues that a friend has with me. I can be reached personally anytime by anyone at: 604.837.8998 or at munstertanks@gmail.com

Last but not least, partnering up with Oceanic Corals is not the surprise. The surprise is your unfortunate post that is absolutely false an untrue.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
if you want a nice bow valley aka "source aquatics" tank here in bc, just go to bcaquaria and contact MUNSTER TANKS they get all their tanks made by them, i guess for freshwater tanks the quality is ok??
'contact MUNSTER TANKS they get all their tanks made by them' is absolutely false. This statement is definitely not accurate information.

Last edited by The Tank Guy; 05-05-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:38 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Change your mind on my post? I hope you read it correctly now. I read yours before deleting. Im happy to have people come in and clarify posts to get the truth and also a good time to see someone stand behind there products. Thats what these forums are for. Just please keep it professional. If you still have a problem i have my answer to it saved and will happily pm it to you.

Last edited by zum14; 05-02-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:38 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

I'm a little confused, does Munster tanks build any of its own tanks? If not what service do you provide to justify increasing the cost of the product you provide?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum14 View Post
Change your mind on my post? I hope you read it correctly now. I read yours before deleting. Im happy to have people come in and clarify posts to get the truth. Thats what these forums are for. Just please keep it professional. If you still have a problem i have my answer to it saved and will happily pm it to you.
zum14. If you really have a problem with me, call me now at: 604.837.8998. I would love to discuss your displeasure with me further. I do not have a problem with you, just your posts. I look forward to your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
I'm a little confused, does Munster tanks build any of its own tanks? If not what service do you provide to justify increasing the cost of the product you provide?
Everyone, I mean everyone, including all the sponsors on this forum and all others, provide a product that they increase the price to make a profit. That is what all businesses do. If anyone wants to know what I provide and do, besides tanks, visit my threads on BCA Aquaria:

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Old 05-02-2010, 11:53 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tank Guy View Post
zum14. If you really have a problem with me, call me now at: 604.837.8998. I would love to discuss your displeasure with me further. I do not have a problem with you, just your posts. I look forward to your response.

Everyone, I mean everyone, including all the sponsors on this forum and all others, provide a product that they increase the price to make a profit. That is what all businesses do. If anyone wants to know what I provide and do, besides tanks, visit my threads on BCA Aquaria:

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

I didnt have a problem with you untill I read your post. This is a forum. It is a site for people to ask questions, get answers, share ideas and opinions. You can not censor that. I have every right to say that prices are high if i feel they are, does that mean that im slandering your product? Not in the least. I would love to hear someone come in and prove to me that the product is worth every penny i would be spending and what a superior product it really is. (Read the whole post, people stand behind Elite and tell everyone how great and professional his tanks are and you really get a good product for the price) Instead I get someone telling me that they dont like what im saying and that I should not contact them anymore?