Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

View Poll Results: Can the RedSox beat the Yankees and win AL East?
No 4 22.22%
Yes 1 5.56%
Maybe 0 0%
I don't know 1 5.56%
Can you repeat the question? 1 5.56%
Screw off Troy this is a reef board 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2003, 12:26 AM

dekay is on a distinguished road

yay, the reefers are kicking butt
Old 09-13-2003, 06:44 AM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Yeah I realize neither of them has made a significant number of errors this season, but they seem to be great with the circus plays in the hole, but make their errors on routine plays - in the playoffs that'll crush your chances and play mind games with you for the rest of the playoffs.

I'd like to see the Phillies make it through in the NL Wild Card. I'm a big Omar Vizquel fan and after he left Seattle to go to Cleveland I became a big Indians fan. During that time I watched Thome develop and learned to like his smash mouth style of gritty play (he just exudes that Pete Rose mentality of overcoming athletic shortcomings with determination - he just looks like a ball player).

And my reason for wanting the Giants to last long into the playoffs is kinda selfish - a lot of my research on motor learning this year is going to focus on baseball swing biomechanics and Bonds has arguably the most efficient swing in the history of the game.

Jeez, it's a quarter to twelve on Friday night and I'm responding to this . . . there's good beer to be drinking and brain cells to be killing. See ya!
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 10-02-2003, 05:35 AM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Troy, as of right now (tie game, bottom of the 9th, 2 out) Kim's looking like he's leading the race for the goat, but Garciaparra just about threw that one away to end the game!
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 10-10-2003, 03:22 PM

Troy F is on a distinguished road

Can you believe it? BoSox back from 2 games down to A's and have a split heading back to Fenway where Pedro will take the mound. Wakefield pitches 7 strong innings? I just wonder what happens in Game 4, do we get Burkett on the mound against Wells? If so, advantage Yankees.

lusus naturae
Old 10-10-2003, 04:25 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Baseball Who gives a rat's a** The closest thing to anything fishy is when they throw Octopodes (correct plural, because Octopus is Greek) on the ice. Oh, sorry that is hockey.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 10-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

I just dont think they have the depth to beat New York. Last night for example. And Pedro cant go until game 7 again, which may be to late.

I dont know why everyone hates the Yanks. Seems to me Boston is a pretty arragant bunch, with all the home run postering, pointing and a certain pitcher, has always been a whinny.

Cubs all the way.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Baseball Who gives a rat's a**??
Well...me for one ...obviously. C'mon Bob, pay attention.

lusus naturae
Old 10-11-2003, 01:34 AM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

I'm kinda glad you guys are all over this stuff - I really don't have time to follow it, but I do have time to check this thread...

Old 10-11-2003, 01:40 AM

Doug, you're either a Sox fan or you're not, it's not always a pleasant endevour, I was just as irritated as you when ol' Manny sat in the box for a month admiring his shot. I don't think Lowe was grabbing his junk though and I think Tejada needs a tissue. I agree the match-up favours the Yankees. Boston's big hope is Pedro and Wells sucking in Game 5. Nothing wrong with the Yankees either, I like a lot of their players.

lusus naturae
Old 10-18-2003, 08:50 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Can the RedSox beat the Yankees and win the AL East?
Can I change my vote to "No" ?? Too late?