Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I have been doing a lot of photo editing laitly. using the pen is way nicer than using a mouse. it took me a day or two to get used to the set up but now I fly.

I just find the touch pads built into the laptops to small, and some of them are not as sensitive as others. and then some you can customize and some you can't (or I just can't figure out how to)

with the bamboo, if you use it as a touch pad it works like your laptop touch pad just bigger and to me in a more natural position instead of under the key board, but if you use the pen then it is a repesentation of the screen and if you put the pen to the middle it is in the middle of the screen, top left is top left of the screen and so one. one nice thing is the pen has a hover mode.. if you are with in so much of the pad it will show the curser movment on the screen so you can hover then double tap with the pen.

Steve
So could someone also write a post here, instead of typing it ?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshiu View Post
I got the iMac with wireless keyboard and mouse. Usually, there are only 2 wires on the desk: the iMac power cord and the cable to the printer.
Yes, forgot the printer cord but was looking at wireless during my laptop hunt. I do have a nice and recently new wired printer sitting here though, so it would be a shame to just chuck it. Mind you Future Shop usually has great deals on wireless when you purchase a laptop or perhaps something like the iMac also.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:11 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
So could someone also write a post here, instead of typing it ?
yup, just click on the post box with the pen and it opens a hadnwriting box . you write your post then click ok and it inserts it.. simple and even reconizes my had writing which I was very impressed with
I got the smaller one wich I think is a 4X6 writing area, but there is a 8X10 one also.. I just couldn't justifiy the extra money and the smaller on tucks into a pocket in my laptop case as it is about 4mm thick.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Rest In Peace

Thanks Steve. I will mention it to my wife. She was asking me after I showed her the device. Did see them on sale today also.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Rest In Peace

Just came home from FS. They have a Mac Book Pro, open box, sitting there for $1149.

And the 16in. i3, 4g, Toshiba is on sale for $699.

Then I spent some time on the iMac, surfing Canreef. Gonna drive myself crazy soon.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:26 PM

mr.wilson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just came home from FS. They have a Mac Book Pro, open box, sitting there for $1149.

Then I spent some time on the iMac, surfing Canreef. Gonna drive myself crazy soon.
The macBook Pro will still be running smoothly and relatively current five years from now. The Toshiba on the other hand will be sitting broken and obsolete on a shelf in your basement

My Mac G4 Tower from 1999 still works flawlessly and pretty damn quick for a 400 MHZ processor. My G5 Tower is from 2005 and I have no reason to update it for a few more years. My 17" MacBook Pro is two years old now, and looks like it will be with me for a few more years.

With a replacement track record of every five years, that's a lot better than I was getting with my old PC's.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Wow, your Fish Store sells mac books?!!??
Old 02-26-2010, 10:50 PM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Wow, your Fish Store sells mac books?!!??
There's actually a Mac dealer right next door to J&L Aquatics so maybe that's what he's referring to?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Rest In Peace

I went back and looked at the Pro again. Its still there.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:59 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.wilson View Post
The macBook Pro will still be running smoothly and relatively current five years from now. The Toshiba on the other hand will be sitting broken and obsolete on a shelf in your basement

My Mac G4 Tower from 1999 still works flawlessly and pretty damn quick for a 400 MHZ processor. My G5 Tower is from 2005 and I have no reason to update it for a few more years. My 17" MacBook Pro is two years old now, and looks like it will be with me for a few more years.

With a replacement track record of every five years, that's a lot better than I was getting with my old PC's.
That doesn't mean it will run todays software. I have an ancient toshiba "laptop" sitting in my basement, it doesn't even have an optical drive... running windows 95. It fires up just fine, all the programs on it still work, but I don't kid myself into thinking that it is an acceptable alternative to anything unless I have a burning desire to run 15 year old programs. My Iphone has more computing power than that thing.

Any computer, whether it be a mac or pc will cease to be current in 6 months and obsolete in two years. If all you want to do is surf the web then yes your 10 year old G4 tower is just fine. However if that's all your doing a $200 netbook will outperform that and be portable.

Doug: I would absolutely suggest that if the Toshiba is almost half the price then that's the way you should go. Unless you NEED a certain program that only runs on one or the other than go with price and $500 buys a lot of other nice things.