Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
Hay all you ladies will have to get together and help Leah with her sump...

This is one guy saying good night Ladies.

Bill
Working on a solution going big big bigger biggest soon.

Thanks Stephanie
Old 02-25-2010, 06:04 PM
bvlester

Nice to hear I would put it down stairs and do a tat long wall of your in a all reef tank.
Just go as large as you are comfortable in doing so, remember you still have to look after the thing you dan't want to have to put on scuba gear to clean your tank or move some thing around.

Bill
Old 02-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nice to hear I would put it down stairs and do a tat long wall of your in a all reef tank.
Just go as large as you are comfortable in doing so, remember you still have to look after the thing you dan't want to have to put on scuba gear to clean your tank or move some thing around.

Bill
...scuba gear.. what is the fun in that...getting completely soaked from head to toe is the only way to go.....when reefing!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
here in Calgary the Men outnumber the Women in the hobby atleast 4 to 1! Not many girls wanna get dirty cleaning skimmers or mess around with BRISTLEWORMS! But I can say there are some great guys in the hobby with great advice especially here on Canreef!
4 to 1??? Really?? There's that many girls in Calgary into reefing??? Where are they all hiding ?

Some guys don't wanna get dirty cleaning skimmers or messing around with bristleworms

anyway, welcome aboard !:-)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:09 PM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
...scuba gear.. what is the fun in that...getting completely soaked from head to toe is the only way to go.....when reefing!
Leah I would love to be able to turn my in ground pool into a reef but the heating bill in the winter would kill me, even if I could heat with wood one season would kill me. Too much wood to go cut chop and pile, But swimming with your fishes would be the ultimate reefing hobby.

Bill
Old 02-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
4 to 1??? Really?? There's that many girls in Calgary into reefing??? Where are they all hiding ?

Some guys don't wanna get dirty cleaning skimmers or messing around with bristleworms

And you sir are a married man. And probably they are hiding from you!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post

Well perhaps I may be "off" on that number a little! Although there are a number of husband and wife reefers but I suppose those women don't count RIGHT?! If you're talking bout hardcore REEF CHICKS (like me?!), maybe like 100 to 1!!!! Us girlies are hard to come by!

Aw come on Kien You LOVE getting dirty!

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Leah I would love to be able to turn my in ground pool into a reef but the heating bill in the winter would kill me, even if I could heat with wood one season would kill me. Too much wood to go cut chop and pile, But swimming with your fishes would be the ultimate reefing hobby.

Bill
what about solar hot water. that could warm up the pool a fair bit

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
And you sir are a married man. And probably they are hiding from you!
Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Aw come on Kien You LOVE getting dirty!
You would know.. I guess.

We just totally jacked and derailed this thread.. sorry steph I guess you have been initiated!

Nice green spotted buffer btw. I used to have one eons ago when I first got into reefing. The LFS said I could acclimate him to my reef quite easy. Well, ya, it was easy (ish) but he ended up eating everything in the tank That tank became a POWLR (Puffer Only With Live(ish) Rock). Keep an eye on him and watch that he doesn't go after the mandarin with that beak of his!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:28 AM

Stephanie1974 is on a distinguished road

LOL Too funny about taking over completely. Everyone is giving me some reading material when I log back on here.

I have had my mandarin and GSP together for quite a while now. Like everything else in this world every individual has its own personality. I know with fish it is the same...I have had fish since I was 5 yrs old and went fishless for only 6 months in my life since that time. He not once has went after anything. I use to own two big(approx 6" they grew to be from the size of a dime) brackish water ones over 15 yrs ago and they lived by themselves. Anything I put in that tank was food. I think introducing this guy when he was very small after I got my other fish, he just learned that he was the last in line. The other one I bought that was already acclimatized to salt water went after everything right off the bat. He didn't last long though. He went after the tails on my skunk clowns and went after my mushrooms. This GSP is very gentle and shy for the most part...hense why I call it my gentle giant. I always keep my eyes open for any change in my tanks and hope I never see any trace of his true abilities.