Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals > Everything Pellets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Personally, I can't really see that there would be an issue with SPS with what I've seen and read so far.

You would want to run the pellets in a separate reactor such as a Phosban reactor or similar, regardless of using Zeo or not. That was my key learning in my experiment in this thread: The pellets only work when fluidized and anything that interferes with that will reduce their effectiveness or defeat them altogether.

The real question though is if you run zeovit already, you may not really need to run the pellets as you should already have a tank with low nutrients. However to flip things around, I wonder how these pellets will affect sales of zeovit startups because they are easier to use, cheaper, less labour intensive, but still equally effective at reducing nutrients. The only thing I can think of to speak to that is that zeovit (and ultralith and etc etc) are not "just" about reducing nutrients so there is still value in those systems.
So then, the million dollar question Tony, is, are you going to ditch the zeo? You started the pellets with the zeo right? Do you plan to ditch the zeo and just run the pellets or do you plan to continue running both ?