Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > BWI Plumbing

Old 01-25-2010, 02:40 AM

BWI is on a distinguished road
Talking Learn the Facts About bottled water

[h2]Learn the Facts[/h2]
Here are just a few reasons why you should be concerned about bottled water waste.

• It takes an estimated three litres of water to produce one litre of bottled water.(1)
  • Worldwide, an estimated 2.4 million metric tonnes of plastic are used to bottle water each year.(2)
Ditching bottled water helps you ‘go green’ and save green.
  • Despite the cost, most recent stats reveal that 30 percent of all Canadian households primarily drink bottled water.(3)
  • Hydration at its best - carry the water you need and reduce your impact on the environment – one reusable FilterForGood bottle can last for decades, making it easy to stop buying single-serve bottled water to fulfill your everyday hydration needs.
Just because it’s bottled doesn’t mean it is higher quality or tastes better.

• Two multinational bottled water producers use municipal water from Vancouver, Mississauga, Brampton and Calgary for their brands.(4)
  • In Canada, the responsibility for ensuring drinking water supplies are safe is shared between the provincial, territorial, federal and municipal governments, with Health Canada taking a leadership role.(6) The City of Toronto, for example tests its drinking water for the absence of bacteria every four to six hours.(7)
U can do your part by adding a drinking kit to your current ro or ro/di system and use that water for drinking and also cooking!!!!!!

LET'S GO GREEN!!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:12 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Whats wrong with drinking your ro water directly?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:22 AM

Chase31 is on a distinguished road

it says to drink the waste water,
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 AM

brickwood is on a distinguished road

Is drinking RO/DI safe. It all depends who you ask. There are many arguments for both sides. Some people say that drinking di water will cause osmotic shock, which is where the water is so pure that it starts stripping important minerals from your own cells in the body. From what I have read and been told, there are only a few cases of this being true. One of the other arguments for ro/di water is that is a breeding ground for bacteria and to make the ro system drinkable a uv filter should be used as well. It all depends who u talk to. The company I worked for would never sell a di system for drinking water. They were a four stage system consisting of 1 and 5 micron filters and a carbon. I am no expert but I hear these questions all the time. I do agree about not using bottled water. It is a waste. Buy an ro system.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:43 AM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Whats wrong with drinking tap water?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:44 AM

Chase31 is on a distinguished road

i see no reason why you cant drink tap water, as using a RO is alot of waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
Darn beat me to it!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:41 PM

new but handy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
Drinking tap water is fine if you live in an area with good water. When I lived in Van the water was great. Now I live here. Our water has tds of 210-220 when it is good. A lot of the time we have boil water advisorys on (spring and fall)
Old 01-25-2010, 03:50 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I live in the City and drink tap water all the time. However if I lived somewhere were the tap water wasn't safe to drink or tasted gross, I would drink bottled.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickwood View Post
Is drinking RO/DI safe. It all depends who you ask. There are many arguments for both sides. Some people say that drinking di water will cause osmotic shock, which is where the water is so pure that it starts stripping important minerals from your own cells in the body. From what I have read and been told, there are only a few cases of this being true. One of the other arguments for ro/di water is that is a breeding ground for bacteria and to make the ro system drinkable a uv filter should be used as well. It all depends who u talk to. The company I worked for would never sell a di system for drinking water. They were a four stage system consisting of 1 and 5 micron filters and a carbon. I am no expert but I hear these questions all the time. I do agree about not using bottled water. It is a waste. Buy an ro system.
This has been debated many times. Drinking RO/DI water is perfectly safe as there really isn't much difference between water at 10 TDI or less like we have in the Vancouver area and zero TDI. You get your minerals from your food, not your water. But many people don't like the taste so that is why coconut carbon filters and such are added at the end to add some minerals back in for taste.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Try drinking Brandon water 850 TDS hmmmmmmm your getting more then minerals here. like the fish with 3 eyes and 6 fins

Tags
drinking water