Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-22-2010, 07:23 PM
bvlester

go on the goverment site and find out what you can bring back and what paper work would be needed I believe that importers get one CITIES for a shipment and they have to list all that is on that shipment. some supplyers will ship to Canada. Otherwise you would have no corals in your tanks..The proof is in the pudding as they say. IF they are frags and mounted on frag plugs I believe you maybe able to get it shipped to Canada. I have been doing some reeding on this most ebay item go way to high. I have a piece of hammer that is the same as the first item you showed, they are available you just have to find them..

Bill
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Oh! Bill I would pay dearly for a frag of that.

Leah
Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 PM

Seamazter is on a distinguished road

me too. problay more then i should too.
ship me one head?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
go on the goverment site and find out what you can bring back and what paper work would be needed I believe that importers get one CITIES for a shipment and they have to list all that is on that shipment. some supplyers will ship to Canada. Otherwise you would have no corals in your tanks..The proof is in the pudding as they say. IF they are frags and mounted on frag plugs I believe you maybe able to get it shipped to Canada. I have been doing some reeding on this most ebay item go way to high. I have a piece of hammer that is the same as the first item you showed, they are available you just have to find them..

Bill
While true, the importers do it in bulk and have to get alot of paperwork and permits together. I don't think it is really practical or easily done for an individual looking to bring in a few pieces.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 PM
bvlester

I do believe that it is $100 -150 for a shipment so if you have multipule boxes then you have to list everything in that shipment and the number of boxes. It is not that bad if you are shipping alot of stuff but if you were to only ship 1 item then it is not worth it.

as for selling my hammer It only has 2 heads not as nice as the one shown. I did get it from a local store, after it divides afew times I will frag it. My green trumpet has 11 heads and 8 are well into the dividing process so you never know.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:53 PM

Bloodasp is on a distinguished road

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/science/env...uarium-eng.htm
Old 01-23-2010, 01:44 AM

Purple is on a distinguished road

If I remember correctly, when Starry was researching bringing things over the border, if you are caught trying to bring some corals across the border they will even seize your vehicle!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Purple;If I remember correctly, when Starry was researching bringing things over the border, if you are caught trying to bring some corals across the border they will even seize your vehicle!

Hi Purple,

Yeah, I was told the same by a friend that works at the border!

Leah
Old 01-23-2010, 05:27 AM
bvlester

I do not know about you, but if you did your home work filled out the import papers and played the import money it would work. I believe there is no issue with aqua cultured corals as they are a self supporting industry. Corals taken from the wild you do need a special permit for. LFS's would never be able to import them other wise. Don't get me wrong but if it is illegal for the general public then it would be illegal for the LFS's. The general public just has to jump through all the hoops every time you do anything.

Bill
Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

A butterfly collector was fined twenty five thousand dollarsfor importing a butterfly without a permit
Breaking CITES rules are treated seriously not like smuggling a dozen Miller./