Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 12-11-2009, 09:19 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

this is how I catch fish..

I just leave the panel of glass or acrylic in there for a little while so that they get used to it being there. Then when you're ready to trap, throw their dinner into The Triangle of Doom!!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:55 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsworld View Post
I second the eggcrate. I use two sheets, twist tie them together, coax the fish to a corner of your tank by using two nets to scare him out of his spot. Then once I got the fish down on the corner I slam down the eggcrate. This makes it easier to catch the fish since there is no rocks and no place for him to hide. Use a wide net to scoop him up. Still takes time and patience though. I know its frustrating.

If you still haven't catch him by the time I get back to Calgary, I will bring my eggcrate sheets, nets and we will catch him.
Lee, maybe you can help me catching my altantic blue tang too. He is the biggest one in the tank and so smart that he hide everytime i put the net down, so can't trap him at all. Please help! He is picking on all my little fish
Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 AM

new but handy is on a distinguished road

feed it out of a net for a few weeks. Then lift the net out with the fish in it.
might work
Old 12-16-2009, 07:53 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
Lee, maybe you can help me catching my altantic blue tang too. He is the biggest one in the tank and so smart that he hide everytime i put the net down, so can't trap him at all. Please help! He is picking on all my little fish
Did you try moving around all your live rock so that the altantic blue has hiding spots? Some times that all it takes to stop his aggression and then you dont have to remove the beautiful fish.

If that doesn't work.... You are welcome to come over to borrow my eggcrate, basket and nets. Besides, I've caught a few fish already at your place. ITS YOUR TURN!

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
Old 12-18-2009, 03:12 AM

Toolman is on a distinguished road

Hey Lee, Tai is trying to catch tang for me. Help me out and catch it for me .... LOL

Randy
Ps Crazy Joe says Hi
Old 12-19-2009, 06:11 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman View Post
Hey Lee, Tai is trying to catch tang for me. Help me out and catch it for me .... LOL

Randy
Ps Crazy Joe says Hi

HEY RANDY!

You guys have got to be kidding me...two strong guys can't catch a fish!! Years back I used to be called the fish doc, now I'm the fish catcher!! BHAHAHAAAA

I will trade you fish catching for Joe back???? O.K and $10 bucks. FAIR? If you guys don't catch him in the new year, when I get back in town. I will help you guys. K?

Say Hi back to Crazy Joe for me! Tell him I miss him!

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
Old 12-19-2009, 07:20 PM

That is not fair, I told Tai to use worms but he said No !! LOL
How hard can it be to outsmart a fish with a brain the size of a pea ??

Joe says "What"
Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 PM

Tai, you the man. Hey Lee, Tai caught the Tang and Crazy Joe get's to stay here. YAY !!! LOL
Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Leeanne is the fish catching expert. She managed to get a huge unicorn tang out of my tank and we did not have to touch the rocks as it was not an option. Her boyfriend and I stood there laughing at her, and looked like dummies within five minutes.

She should make a business out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsworld View Post
HEY RANDY!

You guys have got to be kidding me...two strong guys can't catch a fish!! Years back I used to be called the fish doc, now I'm the fish catcher!! BHAHAHAAAA

I will trade you fish catching for Joe back???? O.K and $10 bucks. FAIR? If you guys don't catch him in the new year, when I get back in town. I will help you guys. K?

Say Hi back to Crazy Joe for me! Tell him I miss him!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 PM

Blakes Living Reef.ca is on a distinguished road

Easiest way is to buy a large fish net, cut off the net, insert a large clear bag into the net frame opening rolling the bag opening around the edge of the net frame. Add some food inside the bag or corner the fish. Since the bag is clear the fish will swim into it allowing you to pull it out. I have used this many times with no issues. You should never net a fish --> the net material will damage the fishes slime coating allowing infection.