Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Wow! Those are some stunning tanks, please post updated photos if you have them!!
The picture of mine up top is actually from 2008 so I'll edit that in a moment. I have plenty of current pics of my own tank in the link in my signature so I wont clutter this thread with them until its actually my turn to show. But here are some pictures of Doug's and George's. Unfortunately I forgot my camera during last years showing of Lonnie's... and I haven't seen Kelvin's yet. Enjoy!

I believe this is a 2008 picture of Doug's tank.

These are some 2008 pictures of George's

Right side.

Middle.

Left side.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 12-11-2009, 11:33 PM

Now normally I wont scan and post pictures of our simple ads but this one is exceptional...

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 12-13-2009, 02:36 AM

A big thanks to everyone who braved the cold today and came out to see George's 225gal reef tank! There were a lot of new faces this time around which was really great to see. For those of you who couldnt make it or dont live in the area here is some of what you missed (full tank shot and a few of my favorites).

Unfortunately the Free Press was a no-show. I'm not sure what happened but I'm guessing the weather and timing had something to do with it.

I was able to snag a frag of this chalice!

BIG acan!

Really green plate.

Lots of orange rics!

Nice table!

Unusual platygyra(?)

Sweet blastos!

BIG bubble!

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Lego is on a distinguished road

His tank sure changed!! WOW. too bad i couldn't make it. Would have liked to get some frags.

Great photos!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:39 AM

Default The Tank Tour makes local news!

I tried my hardest to get either George's or Lonnie's story and picture in the paper but what ended up happening was that I got featured instead. I guess I shouldn't complain I just don't want to make this event all about me... I'm just the organizer.

But anyways, here is our Reef Tank Tour story in the paper in full color for your viewing pleasure! There are a few little mistakes like: the Tank Tour began last month not last week and the last paragraph would make more sense to say "...from experienced local hobbyists" rather than "...from experienced.". My father was a perfectionist so sue me.

(note that I lost a little off of the top and bottom when scanning)

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 AM

Lego is on a distinguished road

That was a good read! Another one I will miss!!! But I admit I have seen it a lot But I want 2 peaces of coral you have... I guess I better hurry now.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:15 AM

A big thank you to everyone who came and saw my tanks today. I really enjoy having the opportunity to entertain and show off my little ocean oasis. I'm sorry that the walkway was so slippy but I have to use that ice melting salt as a magnesium supplement!

There are already many pictures of my display and frag tank in the link in my signature so I wont clutter this thread with them. Instead here are some pictures from the seldom photographed and slightly under appreciated nano reef:

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 01-15-2010, 12:43 AM

I may have slipped a tip to our local university student paper about the Tank Tour too...

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 AM

Default The Reef Tank Tour - February showing

Courtesy of Staffan Lindgren, this February's Reef Tank Tour showing will be the 135gal public saltwater aquarium at UNBC. Staffan is the appointed caretaker of the university's tank and will be available to answer questions and show the behind the scenes operations of the aquarium Sunday February 7th from 12:00 to 4:00pm. The aquarium is located on the third floor of the Teaching Laboratory (location #8 on the map) at UNBC. Anyone unfamiliar with the layout of the campus can follow the link provided to see a map showing the building's location. http://www.unbc.ca/assets/communicat...etails_web.jpg However if you still become disoriented please don't hesitate to contact me on my cell at (250) 617-1843 or ask for assistance at the security desk.

As always a frag tank will be provided for anyone wishing to buy, sell or trade coral fragments during this event.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 01-27-2010, 03:15 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Wow how did I miss this one?!

Great newspaper coverage and fantastic looking tanks. That table up the page some made me drool. Simply gorgeous!

Thanks for the pics!!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.