Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 12-04-2009, 01:49 AM

stricknine is on a distinguished road
Default "Guaging Interest" In Full Set Up: EDM

Im just wondering if there is any interest in my set up in the Edmonton area, I have a 72 Bowfront DT c/w basement sump/fuge and frag tank. I cant seem to find the time needed for the tank and its inhabitants deserve, and am looking at selling out if there is any interest. Here's what I have - Ill post the dollars when I get the time (and if there is any interest);

72 BOWFRONT SET UP;
- Oceanic 72 Bowfront tank (RR)
- Custom built maple stand: Follows the curvature of the tank (doors and all!) - and is internally wired with powerbars and switches
- 150Lbs of tonga fusion
- Approx 50Lbs of sand bottom
- 2 x Tunze 6025's
- 1 x Tunze 6045
- Aquactinics TX5 T5HO lights (8-10 lightly used lamps: ATI, UVL, Geismann, Fiji purple, nothing cheap) - IMHO, top 3 - 4' T5 on the market (and the most light available that can fit on a 72).
- Fish: Regal tang, sunburst (fathead) anthias, occ clown, the fattest spotted mandarin you will ever see (FEMALE: and part of the CUC!), and green clown goby. All healthy, all fat, colour is awesome, all QT'd (aside from mandarin), not a sign of ich in the year its been set up.
- Others: Skunk shrimp, 2 x acans, 5 x nice zoos, 2 x acro sm colonies, 1 x gr. hydno, 1 x stag, 1 x encrusting SPS, 1 other SPS, Blue/green polyp birdsnest, HUGE bubble and frogspawn.

SUMP/FUGE/FRAG;
- 75Gal Sump/fuge - Baffled in 3 sections - Sump, Fuge, Return (Drain hole drilled and valve for WC's)
- Aqua Euro Skimmer
- ZeoVit reactor (running fauna marin product)
- BRS Dual media reactor
- Octopus CA Reactor
- Miluakee PH Controller/CO2 guages/solenoid
- 20lb CO2 tank (new/full)
- 2 x stealth heaters
- 1 x glass heater
- JBJ ATO and pump/resivoir
- Sedra (20000?) for head height
- 3 powerheads to keep flow in 3 sections
- SW resivoir c/w mixing and delivery pumps
16 Gal frag tank (side drilled overflow to return to sump)
- 250W Hamilton MH (used, various lamps)
- 2 x koralias
- Supply pump/valves
- 8' stand - PT legs, 2"x6", plywood, etc wired with 6 switches and 16 receptacles for the equipment it is feeding.

MISC;
- Tweezers, test kits, pumps, carbon, GFO, Ultra lith product (all rock and supplements), calcium media, 100GPD RODI unit w/ton of tubing, powerheads, food, supplements, mag floats, mag flip, scalpel, refractometer, etc.
- 16Gal QT tank, stand, filter, skimmer, light, powerhead, heater, etc.

Few pics, old and newer;

... Unfortunately, I do not have my camera cord here, but will wick it up at work tomorrow for recent pics (providing there is serious interest, and not all gaukers looking for pics)

AND THE 24GAL CUBE;
- 24 AquaEuro cube
- 25Lbs rock. 5Lb sand
- 2 x flow pumps, nano skimmer, koralia nano
- Skunk clown, tailspot blenny, firefish, yasha hastings pair, tiger pistol shrimp (funny, the shrimp and yashas burrow w/ the firefish), peppermint shrimp.
- Brain maze, 6 x Large (wicked) zoo colonies.
- 2 x 34W(I think) CF, 1 50/50, 1 actinic. newer lamps, with extras.

...Sorry, no pics on mt bucket acct.

If you made it this far, the story is I have a hell of a set up which has been thriving for the last year (2 yrs for the cube), I love the set up and the inhabitants, but am too consumed with other things to take the time to care for it as required. I am looking to sell it all, not part out (especially with the fish, which are the healthiest fish I have ever seen). There is potentially a heck of a deal here if anyone is interested.

Any interest?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:58 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

if one was interested.. what would said one pay for such a setup???
Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 AM

themastr is on a distinguished road

Interested in your live rocks

msg me

erick
Old 12-04-2009, 09:03 PM

ffedde is on a distinguished road

Interested in the 24" light on your 24 gallon and perhaps some life rock, corals, and snails/crabs. Email ffedde@memphis.edu
Old 12-04-2009, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the reply and the PM's, but not looking to part out. Was hoping someone wanted the whole pie. Parting out doesnt help me much, would still have the tank and inhabitants, just with with half the rock and equipment to care for it!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road
Default setup

i seen this setup aprox 6 months ago it is a very nice clean setup with high end equipment hate to see you want to get out but i guess like everyone else let me know if you want to part out
Old 12-05-2009, 01:08 AM

nikon187 is on a distinguished road

Hate to see you get out, but havn't seen you in a while so i assumed you were very busy.. Matt, if you decide to part out i would certainly give your anthias a good home.

-Chris-
Old 12-08-2009, 11:54 PM

Bump with some new pics;

Display Tank (older):

Display Tank (newer)

Basement Sump/Fuge/Frag and Equip

Cube Set up (older, it has grown a lot)

Again, hoping not to part out. Let me know if anyone is interested in a 1 year old (oldest equip is a year old!) complete set up. All receipts, warranty, etc available if required.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:23 AM

Had a Question on price, here it is (to the best of my memory, and available receipts);

72 BOWFRONT SET UP;
$ 500 - Oceanic 72 Bowfront tank (RR)
$ 250 (in wood only)- Custom built maple stand: Follows the curvature of the tank (doors and all!) - and is internally wired with powerbars and switches
$ 900 (mail order from Cal.)- 150Lbs of tonga fusion
$ 100 - Approx 50Lbs of sand bottom
$ 250 - 2 x Tunze 6025's
$ 100 - 1 x Tunze 6045
$ 650 (with 5 lamps, have 10)- Aquactinics TX5 T5HO lights (8-10 lightly used lamps: ATI, UVL, Geismann, Fiji purple, nothing cheap) - IMHO, top 3 - 4' T5 on the market (and the most light available that can fit on a 72).
$ 150 (avg)- Fish: Regal tang, sunburst (fathead) anthias, occ clown, the fattest spotted mandarin you will ever see (FEMALE: and part of the CUC!), and green clown goby. All healthy, all fat, colour is awesome, all QT'd (aside from mandarin), not a sign of ich in the year its been set up.
$ 250 (on the generous side, frags turned to colonies!)- Others: Skunk shrimp, 2 x acans, 5 x nice zoos, 2 x acro sm colonies, 1 x gr. hydno, 1 x stag, 1 x encrusting SPS, 1 other SPS, Blue/green polyp birdsnest, HUGE bubble and frogspawn.

SUMP/FUGE/FRAG;
$ 300 - 75Gal Sump/fuge - Baffled in 3 sections - Sump, Fuge, Return (Drain hole drilled and valve for WC's)
$ 150 - Aqua Euro Skimmer
$ 250 - ZeoVit reactor (running fauna marin product)
$ 150 - BRS Dual media reactor
$ 200 - Octopus CA Reactor
$ 200 - Miluakee PH Controller/CO2 guages/solenoid
$ 150 - 20lb CO2 tank (new/full)
$ 100 - 2 x stealth heaters
$ 050 - 1 x glass heater
$ 200 - JBJ ATO and pump/resivoir
$ 250 - Sedra (20000?) for head height
$ 060 - 3 powerheads to keep flow in 3 sections
$ 200 - SW resivoir c/w mixing and delivery pumps
$ 050 - 16 Gal frag tank (side drilled overflow to return to sump)
$ 200 - 250W Hamilton MH (used, various lamps)
$ 050 - 2 x koralias
$ 100 - Supply pump/valves
$ 100 (in wood) - 8' stand - PT legs, 2"x6", plywood, etc wired with 6 switches and 16 receptacles for the equipment it is feeding.

... So, I paid $5,700.00 for what I have (and threw up in my own mouth after adding that all up!) and that is not even considering all the misc things I paid another (atleast) $1K for (tools, supplements, etc.).

Does $2K sound fair? (1/3 of cost). Wouldn't even consider less than $1750 - and that's if i get desperate! (unlikely)

Again, let me know if anyone is interested in a "turn key" tank.

Thanks.