Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 AM

mumster is on a distinguished road
Default Adding Rock Arch to Tank

I have a 32gal tall tank, set up Jan 2009. I took out some of the rock to have more room, and because of algae troubles. Now I want to reintroduce it back in as an arch. Will it cause alot of troubles because of the die off? Should I just scrub it well? or what? Also what do you recommend to glue the arch together? The rock has been out and sitting on my porch for about a month.
32g Tall, seaclone 100 protien skimmer, powerhead, 250 watt heater, Light- 2 T5's, 30 lbs live rock, 25 lbs live sand/gravel; 2 clowns, 1 mandarin, 1 purple firefish, frogspawn, softies, clean up crew and lots of prayer. Started Feb/2009.

Last edited by mumster; 11-28-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
bvlester

well I would boil it that will make sure that the die of is gone even from places that you can not get at to scrub. the rock is dead anyways. To glue apoxy works well get aquarium save stuff. I don't use anything the worms inthe tank seem to like to bond stuff together on there own. After a couple of months it will still move but not that easaly, alittle nuge will not topel it at this point.

Bill

Bill