Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 10-22-2009, 03:43 PM

fragNplug is on a distinguished road

I seen john add a coral one day to his tank, he has this big lit magnifier glass.

He inspects each inch of the coral.

Its one of those one you see in the doctors office, and makes the corals look about the size of a loaf of bread.

Im almost certain if he was to dip one it would totally need it.

Was kinda funny john crosslegged on the floor big ol magny glass out peering onto a coral looking for bad guys.

Peace john, heya doug
Old 10-22-2009, 05:00 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragNplug View Post
I seen john add a coral one day to his tank, he has this big lit magnifier glass.

Its one of those one you see in the doctors office, and makes the corals look about the size of a loaf of bread.

Was kinda funny john crosslegged on the floor big ol magny glass out peering onto a coral looking for bad guys.

Peace john, heya doug
The reason I asked is, he called me yesterday afternoon and asked me if I would dip the frags....considering the circumstances.....I said I would dip them.....no offense meant Paul
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694

Last edited by fishytime; 10-22-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:13 PM

fragNplug is on a distinguished road

You almost have to dip everything now a days, so many irresponsible reefkeepers. I know ive seen you with iodine on your hands before.
Should be more like yourself and john in the industry.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

None taken.

Dipping corals is definitely sage advice for every body. Only concern with the monti eating nudis is that their eggs aren't affected by the dip until they evolve to adulthood.

At the present moment there is an embargo on my montis until this pest is cleared away. Luckily they stay away from Setosa

For every one else who may be concerned, all the zoos that have been shipped in the last few weeks are not affected as they are controlled in another tank.

Thanks,

:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
The reason I asked is, he called me yesterday afternoon and asked me if I would dip the frags....considering the circumstances.....I said I would dip them.....no offense meant Paul
Old 10-22-2009, 05:37 PM

lobsterboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Those corals look good. If you dont mind me asking what was shipping? Is this a "pack" or did you buy these seperate?
all purchased seperatley from the oceanic corals. shipping was great, timely and well packed. no issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
That green stylo is totally killer! How many different types of SPS do you have roughly? Looks like a BUNCH.
yeah, love the stylo, greens are DEEP. could be 50-60 difference types,ranging from 12inch arcoss to one inch frags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
That's a stylo? It looks just like my "ORA green birdnest"...hmmm...

I'm pretty jealous about the Setosa. Yep, lotsa jealous. That unknown Acro from fooser is freakin cool too!! Do the polyps come out, or do they stay inside mostly?
the setosa is so insnae in person, pics cant justify.

foosers acro, is full of bushy polyps, i will need a frag of that one, hehehe.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Very nice there Johnnybye....did you end up taking the chance and dipping them?
yes i did do a quick 5min dip, i didnt see a thing on any of the frags. except coralline alage.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Peace john, heya doug
yeah the ol light eh, great piece of equipment. indispenable for sure.

i do owe thanks to Greg for that one thought.

Quote:
yeah, this was my first online order, and i wasnt sure about stressing the corals, thats all. a few reefers got that call.

Quote:
You almost have to dip everything now a days, so many irresponsible reefkeepers. I know ive seen you with iodine on your hands before.
Should be more like yourself and john in the industry.
thanks G.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals View Post
None taken.

Dipping corals is definitely sage advice for every body. Only concern with the monti eating nudis is that their eggs aren't affected by the dip until they evolve to adulthood.

At the present moment there is an embargo on my montis until this pest is cleared away. Luckily they stay away from Setosa

For every one else who may be concerned, all the zoos that have been shipped in the last few weeks are not affected as they are controlled in another tank.

Thanks,

:P
all the corals shipped very well., and all were super healthy, with lots of coralline alage on them, so it was easy to tell that the frags were very healed and healthy. i am so happy with what i got, that i will be planning another order soon enough.
i wouldnt be concerned with any issues with corals comeing from oceanic corals.

thanks again Paul
Old 10-22-2009, 06:25 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Dang, had I know you were planning an order I would have joined you and shared the shipping cost! That is unless you are a solo kind of guy, which is cool :-)

Corals look great btw!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Dang, had I know you were planning an order I would have joined you and shared the shipping cost! That is unless you are a solo kind of guy, which is cool :-)

Corals look great btw!
yeah i am super impressed.