Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 06-09-2003, 05:23 PM

robbyville is on a distinguished road

"Yummy set up"!

Whe I first started in the hobby I took the easy way out, my sump/refugium is built into the back of my acrylic tank. The downside is that the display space is cut into as well. I was always worried about flooding, gravity, etc.

Now of course that I am a year into this, all I want to do is build a new tank with the full meal deal!

By the way, while I hate to not shop locally for equipment, I was able to purchase a dual 250w MH set up for right around $500 CDN recently. So if you decide to go back to SPS eventually there are still some reasonably priced options.

Beautiful tank again, and I can't wait to see it stocked!

Rob
Old 06-11-2003, 03:44 AM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Probably a splash guard to protect the pump.
Bingo..

Goals....

Not sure really. I'll let it run for a while with VHO's and in a while figure it out. Down the road most likely SPS only. A few small frags only nothing store bought. Was gonna have three fish I have been keeping since last year. But lost two yesterday. no clue why. So who knows.

Robbyville,

I'd probably just build myself a new dual 250W setup. Bit of a DIY'er. If I can build it I will.

Always strive for the optimum environment, not the minimum environment
-----------------------------------
Old 06-11-2003, 04:05 AM

Chad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ88
Quote:
Probably a splash guard to protect the pump.
Bingo..

Goals.....
Woohoo, do I get a prize?

Old 08-25-2003, 02:50 AM

priscilla is on a distinguished road

Hi - I'm new to this, and even though I'm from Vancouver, now live in Montana which is the middle of NOWHERE and no one knows anything about SW here and if they did it would cost a fortune to get stuff! Still I get to the Lower Mainland every couple of months so have made a few shopping trips.

I have a 55g which is 3 months old, and already I realize the mistakes I've made, although nothing has died! I am really impressed with your tank set up, cabinet, sump, plumbing, etc. This is all the sort of thing I'm planning for a few months from now when I feel I can rearrange the tank, replace the crushed coral with some fine sand, put in proper lighting (any advice, anyone), start getting some coral without adding to the bio load too drastically. I want to build a real cabinet which can house everything (and also deal with issues of heating and insulating - it gets really cold out here and my tank is up in the attic in my studio). Your pictures have given me much inspiration, and its really easy to see how you planned it all, so - thank you.

Is there space for a refugium in that set up? I've got plans for a DIY skimmer from an old fart in Richmond VA who's been in the SW biz for over 30 years and figure I can make everything away from the tank myself, and would like to have a fuge in there as well.

Any advice you can give will be gratefully received.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:39 AM

Biotech is on a distinguished road

Nice setup. I noticed that you put the intake of the close-loop inside the overflow... how far down does it go?
Old 08-26-2003, 07:16 AM

Dorkel Marine 1 is on a distinguished road
Default Size of the tank

How big is the tank Darren. When I get to the stage of finally getting my bigger tank I am definetly going to pick your brain. What the hell come over and set it up and I'll pay the bill. Looking forward to seeing the livestock in there.

I really like those flow spouts. Let me tell ya when I was fantasizing about my new bigger tank one of the first things was no bloody power heads

Looking good Darren