Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Any updates on your situation? Have you raised up your ALK to 9-9.5? Have you added MG?
Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 PM

seanoman is on a distinguished road

I have been raising both my alk and mg. I have been doing both through my top off for the past few days. I checked my alk last night and it was close to 8.5 and mg was around 1200. So slowly but surely, they are coming up. The rate of decline has seemed to slow down aswell. I will be doing another water change today and think I will actually be changing salts aswell, as I need to buy more anyways. I was thinking of using the H2O salt, does anybody have good experience with it? I have only seen good reviews for it, and it seems to have higher mg and alk then what seachem does.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanoman View Post
I have been raising both my alk and mg. I have been doing both through my top off for the past few days. I checked my alk last night and it was close to 8.5 and mg was around 1200. So slowly but surely, they are coming up. The rate of decline has seemed to slow down aswell. I will be doing another water change today and think I will actually be changing salts aswell, as I need to buy more anyways. I was thinking of using the H2O salt, does anybody have good experience with it? I have only seen good reviews for it, and it seems to have higher mg and alk then what seachem does.

Good to know! I am happy to hear that things are looking better. As far as salt is concerned I would just go with Instant Ocean, the salt is well priced and has been proven for decades. I have never used another salt and couldn't be happier.

Just try to get away from the Seachem salt, the boron in the salt just makes things confusing to test and balance.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 PM

I need an update on this!!!! Please tell me that raising your ALK and changing your salt has helped!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 AM

megs_clark is on a distinguished road

Hi, i thought i would mention since im in Chilliwack also, When i use instant ocean salt with my water my alk is 12 before adding my calcium and mg, so mabe if you switch to instand ocean it will raise you alk for you?