Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 08-27-2009, 04:55 AM

j_hammer is on a distinguished road
Default maroon clown

my maroon clown has got a white stripe on the top of its head looks like flesh is missing what would cause this, there is a damsel in there that a little agressive but i have never seen the two off them close to each other, what could i use to get the clown back in shape, i have some vita chem says good for fin regeneration. i'll try to get a pic of him tonight he eats good and swims around good to. thanks jason
Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

What size is your Maroon and how long have you had it? I've got a pair and there's also a Damsel in the tank. Although the Damsel is no longer a match for mama Maroon, she does get battle scars from time to time as well. She'll go chasing after either the Damsel or my Lawnmower Blenny and I think she ends up running into stuff in the process. She's also had an abrasion on the white stripe on her head. Most of the time these things will heal quite quickly on their own. I haven't provided any special treatment for these scrapes yet and they've taken care of themselves. If the fish is otherwise healthy, eating, swimming well and the water's in good shape, it should heal up without further intervention. But by all means, use the vita chem if you already have it, might speed things up.

Last edited by mike31154; 08-27-2009 at 05:22 AM.