Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 05-14-2009, 05:23 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road
Default Cites

Exactly my point....why can't I ask one vendor for verification and not another?

I am not trying to cause trouble...actually what I'm trying to do is prove a point that this thread is useless.

Asking a LFS to provide documentation to prove thier legitimacy is assinine. LFS protect their suppliers and will not readily provide such documentation.

So if Dave can ask another competitor for documents to verify the legalities why can't I ask the same of Dave?

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
Exactly my point....why can't I ask one vendor for verification and not another?

I am not trying to cause trouble...actually what I'm trying to do is prove a point that this thread is useless.

Asking a LFS to provide documentation to prove thier legitimacy is assinine. LFS protect their suppliers and will not readily provide such documentation.

So if Dave can ask another competitor for documents to verify the legalities why can't I ask the same of Dave?

Thanks.
I've just seen the notes where Dave is asking the same thing, so fair enough.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinster View Post
How would you verify the coral in question is the actual one listed on the cities provided?
You can't. That's is the major problem with the system the way it is. One one hand you'd like to say that once it's in the country it should be fair game to trade with anyone you like, but then what is going to keep illegal importers from bringing in small chop shop frags and saying they were originally imported before and they are just "distributing" them now?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Why don't you tell everyone your name and who you are representing???

You think you can hide anonymously behind a userID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM

zulu_principle is on a distinguished road

Paul:

If I was offering corals with the name ORA, I would certainly make sure that under the circumstances I had documents to prove their authenticity if asked.

Maybe they do, but in my limited capacity in this industry, I have yet to find a legal way to import these species.

From my discussions it sounds like they have found a legal way, and if I were them I would not give up the "secret" either.

Wendell

PS - I have discussed with Dave prior to this post that I would/could post in his thread. I am happy to see that this thread is not be "moderated away."
Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Dave, Ian, Paul. This is not going to be allowed to continue.

Dave, this is not the intent of vendor forums, and is not considered part of normal business activities.
I'm going to ask that this is closed and dropped. There will be no productive result from continuing this thread.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:37 PM

blaster is on a distinguished road

interesting

Last edited by blaster; 05-14-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: useless response by me
Old 05-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

I guess it comes down to trust of your retailer. If Dave tells me he has something nice, I trust him and buy it. If any other retailer out there says they have something of Tyree/ORA/LE lineage... it is up to the customer to question the legality of such a claim and weigh the pros and cons. I don't see why a retailer would hide lineage information as that is part of what you're buying. Try and sell a Tyree Watermelon Chalice frag in the States and tell someone its Tyree and then tell them you don't have to prove the lineage to them when they ask for it, and that they should just trust you. See how that goes.

Everyone knows there are illegal corals floating around, and many people have them in their tanks. Unfortunately that doesn't make it legal.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
But you have to start somewhere with the rules that protect the animals don't you?
No animals are being endangered by the cross border trading of frags with the USA, in fact the exact opposite is true! Sorry but this one has to go in my senseless rule folder.

It would be nice to see all corals in aquariums grown from frags, so we wouldn't have any trade in wild corals for CITIES to get involved with. There's plenty of nice corals in the hobby now, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

I agree with you completely - the importation of corals is NOT the discussion, the discussion is about the importation of Steve Tyree corals and other corals from the USA.

Can we atleast allow "R.A.D." to formerly introduce himself, to add balance and value to the "read" before I/you close it...........the readers deserve to know. Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Dave, Ian, Paul. This is not going to be allowed to continue.

Dave, this is not the intent of vendor forums, and is not considered part of normal business activities.
I'm going to ask that this is closed and dropped. There will be no productive result from continuing this thread.