Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Steve: Those are English saddles as compared to Western saddles. Funny looking? Check out Australian saddles! Oh, and the Canadian I posted is a Canadian Warmblood, much different than the Canadian that I think you're referring to. Personally, I don't like Canadians much, I would much prefer a Bashkir Curly for a good sturdy horse. Bashkirs are also hypoallergenic.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 04-01-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 PM

Key Equine is on a distinguished road

Great photos everyone!

My pinto is actually a Spotted Draft/Thoroughbred/Warmblood cross. I just refer to him as a Warmblood cross. He's a bit of a mutt but he turned out pretty good!

Myka, that is cool that you do some training! I train horses for a living, mostly youngsters just getting started...
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Equine View Post
Myka, that is cool that you do some training! I train horses for a living, mostly youngsters just getting started...
Ya me too. Once they are ready for the show ring I make my exit. I used to show a lot up to the National level and did dressage up to Medium I back in the day when it was still called that (haha!), but I'm just not into showing anymore. I really enjoy working with green horses or ones that people have hit a wall with and need some help to move ahead. I also enjoy coaching advanced beginner pre-teens in hunters, jumpers, eventing, and dressage. I have done a lot of "polish training" and presenting of horses and ponies that are for sale. However, my REAL passion lies in endurance racing.

Very cool to see another horsie person on here!!

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:24 PM

Diana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Equine View Post
My pinto is actually a Spotted Draft/Thoroughbred/Warmblood cross. I just refer to him as a Warmblood cross. He's a bit of a mutt but he turned out pretty good!
Uh oh. I have fallen for your horse. Where do you live again? :P I absolutely have always wanted horses, and that color pattern just gets me.

These are not mine, they are my aunt and uncle's Arabians, photos taken on Christmas Day 2008.

-Diana

Old 04-01-2009, 08:39 PM

traco is on a distinguished road

Okay, I have about 27 horses (not really but the barn I work at does). lol

Anyways, just had a birth 2 days ago, here are a few pics of the little guy (no name yet).

Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 PM

Finaddict is on a distinguished road

I have a AQHA- I just bought him 7weeks ago. he is my first horse.

he is 17, 15.3 HH
I am doing natural horsemanship with him- no saddle/ no bit

just a halter and lead line is all i use.
I bought him from a rescue place.

Her is STEEL DUST WHIZ- whiz is him name i call him.

http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?ima...lefeather9.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0448b.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0168z.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0432.jpg
Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 PM

Key Equine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaddict View Post
I have a AQHA- I just bought him 7weeks ago. he is my first horse.

he is 17, 15.3 HH
I am doing natural horsemanship with him- no saddle/ no bit

just a halter and lead line is all i use.
I bought him from a rescue place.
Hey, you ride at Eagle Feather?? I train at Moose Hill Ranch, just down the road!! Very cool...
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Hmmm don't remember seeing anything saying they are warmbloods. funny thing is I grew up on a farm, showed and road horses in compititions and never heard the tearm warmblood till about 4 months ago LOL

anyways these are the ones I am talking about http://www.cherrycreekcanadians.ca/information.htm
Very strong, and well tempered horse, also just off the endangered list but still a long way to go. If I don't get one of these it will probably be a large 1/4 horse.

thoes curlys are neet but a little light for my liking, but who knows. My sister does the jumpping thing and I tease the heck out of her about thoes saddles also, not for me.. I'll take a good westren saddle and a long ride over going in circles with some jumps in the way

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Steve: Those are English saddles as compared to Western saddles. Funny looking? Check out Australian saddles! Oh, and the Canadian I posted is a Canadian Warmblood, much different than the Canadian that I think you're referring to. Personally, I don't like Canadians much, I would much prefer a Bashkir Curly for a good sturdy horse. Bashkirs are also hypoallergenic.
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Hmmm don't remember seeing anything saying they are warmbloods. funny thing is I grew up on a farm, showed and road horses in compititions and never heard the tearm warmblood till about 4 months ago LOL

anyways these are the ones I am talking about http://www.cherrycreekcanadians.ca/information.htm
Very strong, and well tempered horse, also just off the endangered list but still a long way to go. If I don't get one of these it will probably be a large 1/4 horse.

thoes curlys are neet but a little light for my liking, but who knows. My sister does the jumpping thing and I tease the heck out of her about thoes saddles also, not for me.. I'll take a good westren saddle and a long ride over going in circles with some jumps in the way

Steve
Yes, the Canadians you're talking about are very different from the Canadian Warmblood I posted. "Canadian Warmblood" is a breed registry that registers different warmblood breeds (Trakehner, Dutch, Oldenburg, etc) often crossed with Thoroughbreds. Really what it is is a mutt breed registry that allows a horse to enter based on a scoring system done on their parents. But, shhh! Don't tell the CWB owners that!!!

The Canadians you're talking about are definitely biiiig horses. Very stocky. Most of the Canadians I have been around have been on the stubborn side, and not a comfortable ride. A friend of mine fell in love with Canadians and bought one for herself...he is really unpersonable, and she didn't enjoy him much. They aren't for everyone, but seem to be rather straight forward horses.

I'm definitely a fan of the long rides as I said my true passion is endurance racing!! But, I would take an English saddle for sure as most western saddles give me sore hips.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 04-02-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 AM

Sushiman is on a distinguished road

Fantastic! Who's got more pic's????