Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-21-2009, 08:05 PM

KingTitan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallino View Post
I was so happy when they stopped caring saltwater fish.
Good Bye!
I agree with you I live in Calgary and i used to work at the old big als and i used to visit the Pet Cetera's around town to see stock and prices, but before i worked there i used to buy from them. this company treated the saltwater stock like GARBAGE, they never knew anything about the species, fish prices were 3-5 times more for a fish then our store, they tried to make it up by giving you a free fish. Fish survival rate was ~25%, tanks were very unclean and a lot of fish always looked diseased. They had a 14 day saltwater fish guarantee but it was pointless the cycle was never ending (buy fish, die, return and get new ones, die, return to get new ones) and on top of that you were also introducing the diseases and parasites from their fish/systems.

Pet Cetera is not going to be missed by me, only upside was that i got to take my dog in and sometimes the pricing was good enough to buy a couple things.

Last edited by KingTitan; 03-21-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Popped in there today as I was running errands and all they are running is the same 15% off sale they have had all month. The only stuff that was 70% off was Christmas left overs. The sales guy told me that they aren't doing anything special and it was only that the company had entered creditor protection. He told me that business had been good today because people were coming in looking for big clearance prices but buying stuff anyway since they were there and it was 15% off.

So it looks like they are using the bankruptcy protection to get a little press and lure people into the store with the hopes of seeing alot of product at 70% off.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

I checked it out as well only 20% off on all their stock and since they are 20% over most stores no deals to be had.
My 2 cents
Old 03-21-2009, 09:07 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin65 View Post
I checked it out as well only 20% off on all their stock and since they are 20% over most stores no deals to be had.
My 2 cents
Petcetera is garbage for this, If you look at the flier they send out every month its the EXACT same product just a different color paper. They say there dog beds are regularly priced at $250-400 and then they are magically price dropped to $99.95. Well Petland (who is naturally also expensive) sells a better dog bed for $75.99 MRSP... Salt water fish are the same, 4" Yellow tangs are $149.99 but if you buy one you get one free (worst part of this is that the yellow tang is put in a tank that is like 7g with 2 other fish).
Old 03-21-2009, 10:04 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Petcetera is garbage for this, If you look at the flier they send out every month its the EXACT same product just a different color paper. They say there dog beds are regularly priced at $250-400 and then they are magically price dropped to $99.95. Well Petland (who is naturally also expensive) sells a better dog bed for $75.99 MRSP... Salt water fish are the same, 4" Yellow tangs are $149.99 but if you buy one you get one free (worst part of this is that the yellow tang is put in a tank that is like 7g with 2 other fish).
Yeah thats a great species to have a buy one get one special with

So I guess in the end you are really just buying one...
Old 03-21-2009, 10:30 PM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

i once bought a sailfin to get a puffer for free, the girl told me the puffer had been thier for a couple months and was eating alot, since the puffer looked like a skeleton i asked what was he eating, big surprise flake's puffers love flakes i guess
Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
i once bought a sailfin to get a puffer for free, the girl told me the puffer had been thier for a couple months and was eating alot, since the puffer looked like a skeleton i asked what was he eating, big surprise flake's puffers love flakes i guess
So, so sad...a puffer living on flakes for a few months

Must have literally been a skeleton.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:43 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
That's so sad Were you able to save the puffer and get him healthy?
Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 AM

FishIsGood2 is on a distinguished road

I can't agree more with myka. I went there this afternoon and found that all fish related goods are only 20% off. But .... a small fish net is 4.77 while the same thing at KEd is 0.99... aqua clear foam block is 7.99 while J&L is 2.39.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 AM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
That's so sad Were you able to save the puffer and get him healthy?
he fattened up nicely and i had him about 2 years after that, the sailfin dissapeared during a heat wave about a year later