Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-07-2009, 06:46 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Mike, quick question what if the water has been treated with meds etc. Is it still okay
to use? Has the water, maybe been sitting around for awhile.
I know you asked Mike the question but to answer if the water was treated with meds then you should not use it to try to quicken your cycle, as the meds would probably be detrimental to the bacteria you are trying to grow.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:54 PM

MikeP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Man View Post
I know you asked Mike the question but to answer if the water was treated with meds then you should not use it to try to quicken your cycle, as the meds would probably be detrimental to the bacteria you are trying to grow.
I agree with Ellis, it's sounds like the water is good to go though. Looks like a nice set up from the pictures.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 PM

yeahitsgotahemi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to yeahitsgotahemi

im a little bit concerned with the no hood, i have heard people having problems and not having problems with the no lid. i think at night i will have a styrofoam hood just to place over the top, but durning the day i dont know if i should leave it just the way it sits, or have some wrap around piece for the top to prevent fish jumping out of the tank.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:23 PM

MikeP is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't put styro on top just in case you ever forget to take it off or your light timer malfunctions. Fish type will tell you if they're prone to jumping so research before you buy. You could put eggcrate on top as a lid or build something that sits on your trim. I can post pics of mine if you want to see what I did.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:36 PM

ya i would appreciate that mike! i am a little unsure of what i should do withought a top.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road

Remember the rule "at least a month before adding fish". Don't let anybody push you into rushing your system... all I'm going to say.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:10 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road

Dang ....\dan finally moved that tank...it is a beaut. Go slow and have fun....I am starting a 90 gal build myself..picked up the tank today...next to build a stand and then a custom sump....you will have yours looking great before I have water in mine

Old 03-08-2009, 06:15 AM

Ya im really excited to get that tank home. i have an electrician coming to wire my basement seperate breakers off the box for all the equipment. I am really happy with the setup they gave me for a sump and stuff to i think its gonna work out really nice. I cant wait to have tons of photos on this sight. If everything goes the way i hope, you will all have great advice for me and with the help of all the people on this sight the tank will flourish
Old 03-08-2009, 06:42 AM

Heres a pic of my overflow

just wondering what everyones oppinions are on the powerheads? i was debating a pair of the tunze streams with a multicontroller that can control just 2 to run the pair of them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01112.jpg (32.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 03-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitsgotahemi View Post
Heres a pic of my overflow

just wondering what everyones oppinions are on the powerheads? i was debating a pair of the tunze streams with a multicontroller that can control just 2 to run the pair of them?
Take a look at the Vortech MP40, cleaner install(no wires in tank and smaller footprint) and has multiple controll options. If you are looking at the Tunze stuff I think you will find there is not that great a price difference.