Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:19 PM

xtreme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
I guess my question would be WHY?? There are so many marine fish that are gorgeous......why turn a freshie into a salt water fish? Sorry if this is off topic a bit mods...but I just want to know why a person would do that?
Thats what I was wondering? If a person wants jewels why not put them into a FW tank?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:43 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

This seems unnatural and even cruel to me. Why bother? I had jewels when I had freshwater tanks and they were beautiful fish but I have no idea why anyone would want to attempt to turn a freshwater fish into a saltwater fish. I cannot see that the fish would enjoy it - especially if you killed ten trying it out!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 PM

zuzes20011 is an unknown quantity at this point

becas you can go in to any pet store and ask there is only to typs of fresh water fish that have been able to be switched over to salt water and live and so i decided to try and make a nother one i have over 100 red jewels that i need gone and no one whants to by red jewels so by the looks of it i have found a way to make them salt water jewels altho some may disagre and say they will die like so maney all redy have i have 2 different salt water fish guys that are helping me on this my jewels are swimming happy and healthy there not panting it took them a littel bit to get used to floating but there fine now
Old 03-06-2009, 09:47 PM

and you guys say you no about fish then you would no that theres fresh water fish that live in salt water and salt water that live in fresh water in the wild strems run in and out of the ocean
Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM

molly puffers sharks theres 3 typs write there a lot of people use mollys to cycle there tank
Old 03-06-2009, 10:19 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzes20011 View Post
and you guys say you no about fish then you would no that theres fresh water fish that live in salt water and salt water that live in fresh water in the wild strems run in and out of the ocean
We do KNOW about fish, and we do CARE about fish. That's why there is so much concern here. If we wanted a fresh water fish, we'd all have fresh water tanks......we ALL realize that some fish do frequent fresh to salt....however we don't play God and try to turn a fish that is completely FW into a SW fish just because we can...sorry, that's my 2 cents but this just seems ridiculous...

Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 PM

jus68 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzes20011 View Post
Its amazing how you insult the same people you're trying to sell goods to. Pitty your 100's of Jewels.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 PM

fatpuffer is on a distinguished road

Those fish you mentioned i.e. puffers, mollies, etc. do naturally occur in higher salinity. As far as I know jewels do not...and in my personal opinion cruel to do so.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus68 View Post
Its amazing how you insult the same people you're trying to sell goods to. Pitty your 100's of Jewels.
I couldn't agree more...

Old 03-07-2009, 12:29 AM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

I have to agree that this is not just a bad idea it is completely stupid and I can't see these fish living for a long time as the conditions, while tolerable, will be stressful and shorten their lifespan. It's like putting Catalina Gobies in a tropical reef tank but even worse.

Oh, and if you want to lecture people on this forum form some high horse perhaps you should improve your grammar and spelling.
Closed Thread