Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 AM

Darist is on a distinguished road
Default Two Spotted Goby

Hi, I was wondering who out there has or has had spotted gobies, I have a pair right now that I have had for about 3 months. I am curious to the longevity of these fish, I have only a 20Gal so I have started enriching the sand bed with a syringe and home made fish food. They seem to take to it very well, I have noticed that they won't eat any larger pieces of fish or algae. They seem to eat it as long as it is very finely minced. Has anyone tried anything like this for other sand sifters?

I would appreciate comments that anyone is willing to offer, I have only been in this hobby for about 8 months.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:13 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darist View Post
Hi, I was wondering who out there has or has had spotted gobies, I have a pair right now that I have had for about 3 months. I am curious to the longevity of these fish, I have only a 20Gal so I have started enriching the sand bed with a syringe and home made fish food. They seem to take to it very well, I have noticed that they won't eat any larger pieces of fish or algae. They seem to eat it as long as it is very finely minced. Has anyone tried anything like this for other sand sifters?

I would appreciate comments that anyone is willing to offer, I have only been in this hobby for about 8 months.
I do that for my sand sifting gobies. I know what area they eat in and use a turkey baster to put food in the sand. They go nuts
Old 02-27-2009, 12:46 AM

Darist is on a distinguished road

Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one that does it.