Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 05-26-2003, 02:22 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

well this is probably close to enough support. bev if you're willing to host, then the date and time are probably up to you. if we decide to go visit any other tanks, my car is available, we can in theory fit five people in (five small people). i always like to make a trip to AI when i'm in edmonton so perhaps some of us can start off over there and end up back at the meeting location later.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 05-26-2003, 02:52 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
bev if you're willing to host, then the date and time are probably up to you. if we decide to go visit any other tanks, my car is available, we can in theory fit five people in (five small people).
Either June 14 or 21 around 10 am. You folks will have to choose which is best for you. I'm open to either one.

However, I definitely want to see other peoples' tanks, so we should plan a road trip around town to view more tanks than mine. Mine are great, but they are not the be all and end all of reefing in our fair city.

We could meet at my place, then tour the other participant's tanks. How does that sound?

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 05-26-2003, 03:45 PM

Trevor Robertson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Trevor Robertson

ya I am good with either of those dates. The only thing is that we only have 5 people including me, is that enough?[/img]
Old 05-26-2003, 04:10 PM

there are a few folks who've been posting who haven't posted on here yet. dez knows a lot of people as well, when he held a tank crawl during the winter, there were a lot of people he knows through AI. not many of them post here though. regardless, i think the best day would be the 21st, that gives us lots of time to figure out who else is interested in coming along/being visited on the crawl.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 05-27-2003, 01:17 AM

oilers1 is on a distinguished road
Default June meeting

Hi all Edmonton reefers. I can host a get together in June, I'm sure there is a lot of interest in seeing other people tanks. So lets decide what and when to do it.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:45 PM

PFisher is on a distinguished road

I will second June 21st.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:07 PM

oilers1, i think bev has dibs on this one, unless it's better for her if the meeting is at your place. either way we can certainly include your place on the tank crawl. let's say the 21st, at 10am. everyone who wants us to visit their place on the crawl should post their address here ASAP so we can plan out a rough route. we'll probably end up with close to ten people i think, especially when we count in spouses/partners, so we'll need at least two cars if everyone wants to come on the crawl. i'll volunteer to bring some chips and pop so we have some munchies, if one or two others can bring something that would be cool. i'll probably head to AI after the get-together, anyone who wants to come is welcome to do so.

Old 05-27-2003, 03:26 PM

Trevor Robertson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Trevor Robertson

Sure 10AM it is at Bev's?

I can bring some Pop as well. Tevee I will come on your LFS trip just as what else am I going to do on a Saturday
Old 05-27-2003, 03:53 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Robertson
Sure 10AM it is at Bev's?
Yup. It's official. 10 am Saturday June 21 at our place.

However, parking may be a bit of a problem since we're in a high density neighbourhood, west downtown in Oliver. If Oilers1 has a better parking arrangement at his/her place, where ever that is and whoever he/she is, I'd be willing to shift hosting over there ... maybe

I think we should decide who's going to host, then PM the host with our addresses and phone #s. That way a list can be compiled of whose places we're going to visit and in what order.

Sound okay, folks?

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 05-27-2003, 06:41 PM

while we're at it, i have about 1.5 bags of SWC sand that i need to get rid of. $30 or something in that area. if someone wants it, let me know and i'll bring it up.