Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-22-2008, 02:25 AM

yeeg is on a distinguished road
Default Red Dragon pump - Bubble King 1500 - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Effective today, my bubble king 1500 skimmer is not producing any bubbles...I had noticed some weird noise coming from the pump a ferw days ago but dismissed it as anything significant...What seems to be happening is that water is backing up the noise absorber by about 6 inches....I believe this is the problem and preventing the pump from receiving its "venturi" air to produce bubbles...Bot the skimmer this year brand new and its been running since March 23...I will be calling JL tomorrow to find out if they had seen problems like this before but thought maybe someone here experienced the same and has a quick fix...

Thanks for any input...

650G Mixed, 5 - Lumenarc 250w 10K, 4 - Tunze Turbelle 6101 w/7095, BK 250 External

650# - Tonga LR, 49 sps, 9 lps, 4 softies, 10 mush/zoas, 1 clam

Blonde Naso, Sohal, 2 Yellow Tangs, Juv Emperor, CBB, Achilles, Kole, Solar Fairy Wrasse, paired pencil Wrasse, Cleaner Wrasse, Blue lined rabbit Fish, 8 clowns, lawnmower blenny, mandarin dragonet, sand sifting goby, abalone, tux urchin, black spiny urchin, 4 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 150+ snails/crabs/conches
Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 AM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

sounds like the air hose is plugged with salt
Old 09-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Vendor

Red Coral Aquariums is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
sounds like the air hose is plugged with salt
x2
Old 09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I clean my venturi monthly for Ca build up.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:59 PM

TJSlayer is on a distinguished road

Same thing just happened with my Euroreef...

I thought my tank just was producing much gunk! lol

Took the whole thing out and cleaned it, still not luck, after a bit more reading I decided to try something else that I read. On the airline that brings air in there is a smakk twis valve, gues what it was plugged, unclogged it and whaala two cups of skimmate in two days later!

Work a check, take it off if possible or stick a lonf slender brush or q-tip down the tube....

Cheers
Todd
75G, 100 lbs LR, Inwatter Stingray LED's, 25 Gallon Sump, 24wt UV, hermits, Snails, pep, fire & cleaner shrimps, Blue Throat Trigger, Perc Clowns , Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Blue Regal tang, RBTA, Coral Banded Shrimp, Checkerboard Wrasse, Many Corals, Royal Tux Urchin
Old 09-23-2008, 03:08 AM

yeeg is on a distinguished road

Alright, so I took the thing apart and fed a tube down the venturi to see if there was any blockage and there wasnt...I checked the needle wheel to make sure it was operable and no problems once again...I pieced everything back together and it seems to work once again...I think what might have happened is that the water simply backed up into the venturi and thus no air was getting in...This will happen when my pump that feeds the skimmer pats from the tube that goes into the skimmer...I dont have it tied tightly in case I have to move it around the sump....

But there still is a strange noise coming from the red dragon....

650G Mixed, 5 - Lumenarc 250w 10K, 4 - Tunze Turbelle 6101 w/7095, BK 250 External

650# - Tonga LR, 49 sps, 9 lps, 4 softies, 10 mush/zoas, 1 clam

Blonde Naso, Sohal, 2 Yellow Tangs, Juv Emperor, CBB, Achilles, Kole, Solar Fairy Wrasse, paired pencil Wrasse, Cleaner Wrasse, Blue lined rabbit Fish, 8 clowns, lawnmower blenny, mandarin dragonet, sand sifting goby, abalone, tux urchin, black spiny urchin, 4 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 150+ snails/crabs/conches