Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 AM

Justusfish is on a distinguished road
Default Kudos

It's easy to own an orchid, but kudos to you for getting one to flower!!! HOw did you connect the pc fan? Did it have a plug attached?
210gal tank, mega flow#4 sump 30gal, Euroreef RS250, 1/2 horse chiller, lifeguard 40watts uv sterilizer,poseidon ps4 external pump,24" plexi refugium with pump and light, 2 rio pumps 3100,72" 72" PFO Solaris-I4 15K LED Lighting Fixture. Tunze wavebox. Precision Marine calcium reactor for up to 400gal,with about 200lb of figi live rock, bare bottom
Old 08-28-2008, 02:43 AM

Default lighting

Due to the weird shape of the hood of my terrarium, I am using this lighting I found on EBAY. If it works, great, if not, it was cheap and not that big a deal, but it should fit and be totally hidden without creating any real heat issues.

http://cgi.ebay.com/225-LED-Grow-lig...d=p3286.c0.m14
210gal tank, mega flow#4 sump 30gal, Euroreef RS250, 1/2 horse chiller, lifeguard 40watts uv sterilizer,poseidon ps4 external pump,24" plexi refugium with pump and light, 2 rio pumps 3100,72" 72" PFO Solaris-I4 15K LED Lighting Fixture. Tunze wavebox. Precision Marine calcium reactor for up to 400gal,with about 200lb of figi live rock, bare bottom
Old 08-28-2008, 03:34 AM

LeeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LeeR

nice how much did you pay for the jewel orchid.. if you dont mind me asking.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:03 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Cute little masdevallia.

Ok you guys are making me want to setup a terrarium again.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 AM

small pc fan and a 12V adapter from princes auto and you just cut the ends off and wire them together..

i was looking at thoughs lights too but for a fuge for my fishtank... for a display it might be better to go with the all white light, better green look you know.. if you do end up getting it let us know how it is.. i wouldnt mind picking one up.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:27 AM

heres more chids

Old 08-29-2008, 01:19 AM

Default Wow

Those white orchids are beautiufl. I think I paid 25 bucks for the orchid. There were three in the pot. I went with the red/blue for growing and will have four tiny white spot lights for regular viewing. I thought the red/blue was more full spectrum. If the whites do the same thing, I might switch over to that later. I'll take photos when I have it up and running. I should receive the lights in about a week.

I love creating artful, mini landscapes.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:19 AM

Default Latin

Delphinus, I'll look to you to help me keep track of what's in my terrarium. I'm bad at names.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:29 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

I want to see those tortoises destroy fruit! More photos!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:44 PM

spreerider is on a distinguished road

Nice orchid, the jewel orchids can also be green with red veins or purple with gold or green with green veins, all look very nice, their flowers are small white with yellow centers and flower quite well for me and its the only orchid i keep in my house with no suplimental light, ( other than splash from my aquarium.)

You will have to keep us informed on how that LED light fixture preforms and how well your plants grow.