Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 02-28-2008, 05:06 PM

Telford is on a distinguished road

Hi Scub Steve, finally i've found someone that has a cylinder tank! What kind is it? Where did you get it? I'm having the same problem fitting the skimmer in the filter box/sump. The manufacturer assures me that it's possible but it seems near impossible to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scub steve View Post
Telford i need your help i just bought a 90 gal cylinder and i cant figure out what to do with the sump i cant fit my skimmer in there.. what did you do?? can you send or post some pics of your sump 4 me??
Old 02-29-2008, 08:37 PM

tysonjames is on a distinguished road
Default Lookin for local reefer...s

Greetings, My name is Tyson just started out in the glorious hobby of reefkeeping. Ive started out with an 8gal biocube. I love it sadly its only been going for about 7 weeks and I am rapidly running out of room. Well go big or go home, I am slowly configuring my next tank. This thread is beauty I live in kelowna, downtown on bernard. If anyone would like to see a nano tank at its best feel free to contact me and take a look. On the flip side of that I would love to see other peoples set ups, Ive been to the local stores drooling on many occasions but that doesnty help a diy'er like me. I recently went out to vernon and saw okguy's tank, wow his toadstool is a monster very cool. If theres anyone that lives near by that has got some spare time this weekend and would like to bs fish for awhile let me know. Its awesome not only to see other tanks but to hear what has worked and what hasnt. I would also love to get some frag trading going on. Thanks in advance guys. Reef on!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Canreef Tyson...always glad to see another Okanagan reefer. I had Kevin (OKguy) over last night trading some coral. I'm also starting my own nano here next month after I pick up the tank in Calgary. We'll have to hook up to talk tanks soon, unfortunately, this is a bad weekend for me.

If you're in Vernon in the near future, PM me and you can come take a peek at my tank.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM

tysonjames is on a distinguished road

Appreciate the hospitality, slowly but surely i am meeting more and more people. Reefers just keep popping up its awesome.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM

regmes is on a distinguished road

Hi, Im in Westbank feel free to drop in. Im always happy to show off my tank and also open to anything that will benifit to the health and looks of it. Actualy right now Im planning on changing my lighting a little and Im curious at what other reefers are having success with.90 gal corner tank 30 gal ref with built in 20 gal sump 2x250 MH, 2x atinics lots of live stock hard and soft corals Most of it all DIY .1.5 years now and looking good.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM

regmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by regmes View Post
Hi, Im in Westbank feel free to drop in. Im always happy to show off my tank and also open to anything that will benifit to the health and looks of it. Actualy right now Im planning on changing my lighting a little and Im curious at what other reefers are having success with.90 gal corner tank 30 gal ref with built in 20 gal sump 2x250 MH, 2x atinics lots of live stock hard and soft corals Most of it all DIY .1.5 years now and looking good.
I would also be very interested in seing other reefers tanks in the interior ,I have pulsating xenias that have grown impressively that I would be interested in trading.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 PM

phillybean is on a distinguished road

I'm also up for tours, although my tank isn't much quite yet...