Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
If you don't want to use it, don't?

I mean, seriously, why would people be so enthusiastic about a product that doesn't work?
There are sevearl reasons, one of which would be high pressure sales like this! I'm asking to see how it works from people that have been using it. I see lots of threads on the zeovit site where people are not seeing the results, and the replies are "just keep waiting". If it works as claimed, and lots of people use it, then there should be lots of pics, right?

Your comment sounds like an infommercial without any blingy props. I've asked to see pics, not to debate it's effectiveness.
Does anyone else have pics?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

Brad, I wonder if any of the LFS's in Victoria (are there any decent ones?) that might have zeo running on a display tank? That was one of the things that sold me on zeo was to see it up and running with my own two eyes.

I had also seen it in a super sweet zeo tank here in town, its a massive 300+Gallon tank in an office. The tank is heavily stocked with large tangs and angels and the water clarity was mindblowing.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Greg, Safari, our local supplier, is going to set it up on their display, which unfortunately is not a SPS tank. I think May might include a trip to th emainland, so I'll see if I can mooch some viewing from some of the users here. I'll probably sign up, just for the added nutrient export, it's just that my reading at zeovit.com left me lacking...
I'm confident with the skills I have and my existing equipment that I can produce a nice tank (if I ever get any corals!!), but zeo may just give it that extra push I've always been after
Old 04-15-2008, 09:48 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

The zeo forums are pretty one sided I agree, I go there mainly to look at the pictures and I got some start up advise for dosing as the manual seems to contradict itself a lot.

If you were in Calgary I would be happy to have you over to show you my tank in person, like i've said before it is noting special but I have seen changes. I tried again last night to take pictures but I cannot seem to get my white balance correct so my pirctures all do end up looking like a T5 pastel nightmare

I did manage to get a nice picture of a new acro that I picked up on Sunday that looks like it might have some nice potential. I will post that picture when I get home and hopefuly follow up with progress pics.

I wish that I would have shot some pictures before I started zeo, my tank was drowing in green film algae. I would scrub the glass in the AM before I went to work and by the time I came home there was a solid film back on the glass. Within 24 hours after starting zeovit this algae started to fade and within a week it was all but gone. I do still wipe the tank daily but there are just small little patches here and there on the glass and as I mentioned before I think it is flow related and skimmer related. I'm going to get a vortech to add more random flow to areas that don;t seem to get it right now, and I need to get a proper sump built, Right now I am using a sump tank without baffles so I am having water level fluctuations in the sump so that by the time I get home there has been enough evap that the skimmer is not pulling as much foam as it was in the am (or I could set up an ATO to solve this)

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 04-16-2008, 08:33 AM

reef is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
You NEED Zeo products to have colorful SPS - it's a fact
Absolute rubbish. Zeo is just another product to be used a tool to help cleaning the tank of nutrients, there are many others like fauna marin, prodibio.

These products work on using bacteria to clean the tank, something that has been done for 20 years or more,

All zeo is, is bacteria and a food source for the bacteria to grow. so they multiply and clean your tank. in simple terms.

Zeo does not tell you what is in the bottles as it creates a perception that it is something special, good marketing.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

I know this is a thread on Zeo and is suppose to have pics, currently I'm using ultralith by Fauna Marin and have been doing so for about 2 months or so. Colours on my sps tank were fair before I started and I thought after reading the stuff about expelling zoo on the coral and yabba yabba yabba that the coral was going to be brighter. Well there is some truth behind it but I would say that the stuff in the bottles smell much like vinegar. Anyhow I'm not exactly sure why we buy the zeolith rock other than a place where bacteria can feed and grow why couldn't they grow on biorings or inside biorock. I would suggest this if you want to try it for yourself, first off instead of buying the reactor try using a canister filter, if you buy one used you'll save some money there. So basically all you start with is a bottle of the so called bacteria some zeolith rock and the canister filter. After this go get yourself a bottle of the cleanest purest vodka available, sugar and vinegar then add a little of each ingredient every other day and see what results you achieve. If I only knew this before I would've saved about $100 bucks on the extra additives, anyhow seeing as I dosed minimal from the start and dose even less now things are going great. And what algae problem ahahhahah corals look awesome and PE is like excellent aswell if I had a sharp camera I would post some pics but because I don't, I feel embarresed to post blurry out of focus pics. Although upon digging through photobucket I managed to find a few pics that a freind took with an slr, 1 thing I will add is that corals do appear alittle lighter or paler now than before I started the product.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips

Last edited by tang daddy; 04-16-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 04-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef View Post
Absolute rubbish.
Yes, we know. Andrew was just poking at me re: a past thread on lighting. Zeo also does not cure cancer (as far as we know today)
Old 04-16-2008, 03:12 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

A cheaper or poorman Zeo method. It's a good read if you have the time.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...readid=1348770
Old 04-17-2008, 07:30 AM

reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyhow I'm not exactly sure why we buy the zeolith rock other than a place where bacteria can feed and grow why couldn't they grow on biorings or inside biorock.
You dont need to add the zeolite at all. it is just added to help the cleaning process.
zeovit will work without the zeolite as the bacteria is the partthat breaks down the waste.