Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 03-05-2003, 05:12 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

is that a credit card thing? i don't have one, wondering if someone would be willing to get my ticket for me and i'll pay that individual back? let me know.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 03-05-2003, 05:17 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I can get it for you Quinn. Anyone else while I'm at it? I'll wait until say 11:30 to make the call so you've got 1/2 hour to let me know
Old 03-05-2003, 05:57 PM

thanks tony, much appreciated.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 03-05-2003, 06:13 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

So ... called IMAX. Apparently the Saturday noon shows are usually pretty empty, so there's probably no need to buy in advance. (Buying over the phone does cost $1 more so why pay more if we don't have to.)
Old 03-05-2003, 08:21 PM

cool

Old 03-05-2003, 11:24 PM

reefphish is on a distinguished road
Default just saw it this weekend with my 4 year old son...

it was great! but depressing knowing that they are really just documenting great reefs before they all die out.

The most irratating quote though is "when the last of the reefs die, a little piece of me will die too." ack! "...a, little piece.."?!???? ... it will be a f*ing disaster to millions+millions of people!

beautiful images though.

have fun

John
Old 03-05-2003, 11:28 PM

that's one complaint i have about the new imax movies that have been coming out in the last few years. they try to attach a plot to them and a moral, and it's like, dammit, if i wanted plot i'd watch reality programming! i just want to see pretty pictures! sooo cheesy :P

Old 03-07-2003, 03:09 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Looks like the very cold weather is going to keep me inside. I don't want to start my car unless necessary. Unless someone from the frozen North wants to pick me up?

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 03-07-2003, 03:46 PM

bob i can grab you if you want to come. i'll be coming up via deerfoot, let me know your address if you want to catch a ride.

i think that would mean you'd have to come to tony's and then jon's (since i think that's where i'm headed after the movie for a bit). provided that's fine with everyone. also would probably stop at a few LFSs if you're ok with that.

Old 03-07-2003, 03:59 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
bob i can grab you if you want to come. i'll be coming up via deerfoot, let me know your address if you want to catch a ride.

i think that would mean you'd have to come to tony's and then jon's (since i think that's where i'm headed after the movie for a bit). provided that's fine with everyone. also would probably stop at a few LFSs if you're ok with that.
I would think that would be great, but you have to come so far North from Deerfoot. I am at 202-Storybook Terrace, and that is alsmost at Nosehill Drive up John Laurie Blvd. That is quite a trip.

---------Homer Simpson--------