Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 02-28-2008, 10:18 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

I also have heard that some psychedelic mandrin fish (spotted mandrin) eat flat worms. Have not ever witnessed this but I have heard.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 PM

Jenndarlin is on a distinguished road

I had one copperband before that never touched any of the flatworms or aptasia but this one thinks their chocolate!!!!!!

Good luck with catching that wrasse Chris. The 6 line bulldozer I mentioned above was only finally caught when my friend took down and emptied her last system. She did not put him in her new tank but also gave him away to a good home once she caught him....lol.....

Thank god I havn't yet had any problems catching fish...I know my day will come where 2 minutes with the net is not going to do the trick...i'm knocking on wood (my head) as we speak...

100 Gal Reef. Home to my Royal Gramma, Purple Tang, Pair of O. Clownfish, Canary Wrasse, Blue Devil Damsel, Flame Angel, Lunar Wrasse, Copperbanded Butterfly,Flame Lobster, Cleaner Shrimp, Various Snails, Softies,& LPS.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:45 PM

I plan on setting up a bigger tank this year and that is when he will be caught. And I too will give him to somebody then with a caution note.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 AM

super7 is on a distinguished road

My sixline ate a peppermint shrimp. But he hasn't eaten my pair of my cleaner shrimp.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 AM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenndarlin View Post
My yellow canary wrasse and my lunar wrasse were fine with one of my shrimp. The shrimp is no longer around but it wasn't because of the wrassess... not sure how comparable they are to a six line. I strayed away from the six line as my friend has one that we call the "bulldozer" he destroys EVERYTHING!!!! I'm in love with my Lunar wrasse, last night he actually let me pet him.....he's really active but he isn't distructive and the colors are phenomenal....

Attachment 2469

On another note, last night i happilly watched my fairly new Copperbanded Butterfly (2 weeks in the tank today!!!) eat a flatworm and at this point he/she has consumed ALL of the the flatworms and aptasia!!! (I had a gazillion flatworms and only 3 little aptasia's)
I have a friend who had one of those lunar's and it would smash his snails and crabs against the glass to get them out.
It was about 4" though.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:45 AM

Keri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhchris View Post
I have a sixline wrasse. It lived with three sexy shrimp for about 6 months. I got a good deal on sexy shrimp one day and got 5 more. Acclimatted them and let them go in my tank. The sixline had one of them in his mouth before they even reached the bottom. The next day I had zero sexy shrimp. So in my case yes six line wrasses eat sexy shrimp. I have also hated my sixline ever since but because he is to smart for any trap I have not caught him yet. He does by the way eat flat worms and did notice a decline in my zoa nudies when I had them. If you can catch my sixline you can have him.

ha ha.... well, I won't be adding more, they just got upgraded along with everything else from my 8 gallon to the 65 Why do you hate your 6line so much?
Old 02-29-2008, 04:09 AM

He ate all 8 sexy shrimp in my tank in one night and he can be a bully sometimes. The shrimp thing really ****ed me off.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 AM

yeah, that'll do it
Old 03-08-2008, 12:15 AM

WhoPoopWrasse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhchris View Post
He ate all 8 sexy shrimp in my tank in one night and he can be a bully sometimes. The shrimp thing really ****ed me off.
Hi everyone! New here but not a noobie
My sixline hasn't touched anything yet but then again he's smaller than my shrimp
Louise
Old 03-08-2008, 05:54 AM

After all that... I picked up a yellow wrasse today! *crosses fingers that he won't eat the shrimp* He's very small.