Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
I've wasted too much time and money over the years on impulse buys. I have learned my lesson many times over and understand now that patience and research is the best bet.

Everyone can share these virtues but people will still go out and waste their money on bad decisions. It seems that in life one must actually touch the stove element to understand it is hot...
So true.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 AM

chevyjaxon is on a distinguished road

ok i guess i can wait but are there any other soft corals or anything i can introduce in the meantime? keep in mind i am still dumb to this bio load thing people just keep talking about when is it time to stop adding? how do i know when ive reached my biological limit? how do i know when the tank is stabilized and its ok to add again? i havent even done a water change in the 5 weeks my tank has been up and running and the ammonia has never spiked not even once. all ive done is add water purple up fishes and crabs.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:17 AM

TNTCanada is on a distinguished road

If you want to add something try a couple mushrooms or a small Kenya tree.. something that is quite hardy... if you haven't had a Ammonia spike in the 5 weeks with out water changes it might be still coming...
72g Bowfront Drilled,Lighting,2x250 10,000k MH,2 actinic T5,2/6" fans,2MJ with 1600gph convertions kits,Bullet 2 style skimmer with Mak 4,29g sump/Refugium,96W power compacts in sump, Velocity T4 Titanium "return",Life Guard 300 Fluidize bed filter,1"sand bed, 29g auto top off, 140lb LR,SPS,LPS,Softies,Zoos,2Percula Clowns, 2yellow tail Damsels,1yellow tang,2cleaner shrimp, 1six line Wrass,2 Bengaii Cardinal,1lawnmower Blenny,1sand sifting star,1TigerTailCucumber, snails,hermit crabs,Macros.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:50 AM

i2ik is on a distinguished road

You can try some button polyps, they can spread quite fast... I would go for Xenia since its also good to bring down a small amount of nitrate.

You can start making some small water change (~10%). Its not a bad thing to do them even if your parameters are ok. Its simply prevention.
420G Front Starfire Glass Reef Tank, 150G Costum made Sump, Sifligoi 3x400W + ACLS Unit, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech pump, 3xBattery Back Up, 4xWavy Sea+, Prolifux Wireless Controlleur, Oceans Motions 4 Ways, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/Di
Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 AM

my LR is already sprouting polyps how fast do they spread?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:42 AM

TNTCanada is on a distinguished road

Are they polyps or aiptasia?
72g Bowfront Drilled,Lighting,2x250 10,000k MH,2 actinic T5,2/6" fans,2MJ with 1600gph convertions kits,Bullet 2 style skimmer with Mak 4,29g sump/Refugium,96W power compacts in sump, Velocity T4 Titanium "return",Life Guard 300 Fluidize bed filter,1"sand bed, 29g auto top off, 140lb LR,SPS,LPS,Softies,Zoos,2Percula Clowns, 2yellow tail Damsels,1yellow tang,2cleaner shrimp, 1six line Wrass,2 Bengaii Cardinal,1lawnmower Blenny,1sand sifting star,1TigerTailCucumber, snails,hermit crabs,Macros.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 AM

they are tiny green musroom looking things they look like a flower i also do have aiptasia, the aiptasia are just not dying no matter what i do to them im also being careful not to over treat the aiptasia so as to keep the PH at an acceptable level did I mention that I purchased live sand when I started my tank? this stuff is packeged wet and contains oolite
Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 AM

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/sho...00&ppuser=4229

this is where all of my phtos of the tank are located just in case you were curious enough to see it