Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Snowing on Vancouver Island?.....that sure sounds like global warming to me.

Greg
Old 11-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Snowing on Vancouver Island?.....that sure sounds like global warming to me.

you got that right. It's so freakin' globally warm here right now, I'm looking at real estate in Costa Rica!!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 PM

IceTurf is on a distinguished road

i think its a good movie to try and get some people moving, but its pathetically inaccurate, and when something is that outside of reality, who wants to give it any credit? Lol how'd he manage to get a nobel peace prize? *they must have ordered too many trophies*
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road

Have you guys herd about earth’s north pole wobbling “theory”?
I mean we all know it does it, but the thing is that there is an opinion that it wobbles a lot more now that is why we have more unstable weather swings
Old 11-29-2007, 03:21 PM

that is true, that darn north pole keeps moving all over the place, its no longer 'on ice'
although what/how does that carry over to weather patterns around the globe?

My 0.02$
there is little chance that we will stop global warming before either
A) we run dry of oil and gas
b) the world 'sinks' underwater due to melting of the ice caps
c) something happens as a direct result of our stupidity that wipes out a good minimum of 20% of the world

Yay money and politics
(no offense intended)

Last edited by IceTurf; 11-29-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTurf View Post
that is true, that darn north pole keeps moving all over the place, its no longer 'on ice'
although what/how does that carry over to weather patterns around the globe?
I can quote someone who is trying to explaining just that, but that would bring me way too deep in the conspiracy theory section LOL
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM

lol
Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 PM

atcguy is on a distinguished road

Global warming!! only mean one thing to me. More money out of my pocket for this hobby!! A larger Chiller!!! Damn, and I thought my big purchases were finished/.....
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Interesting topic, with good friendly discussion. We all share our own different beliefs on the subject it seems. But, we can all seem to agree on one thing, and that is, that Global Warming is real, and is happening. To what extent and the results of it seems to be the area which no body can predict.

The movie sends at the very least, one simple message. Do your own part whenever you can. Simple enough, and surely it can't hurt to start making small changes to your daily routine. I already have, and to what extent it will "help" or make a difference I don't know, but at the end of the day, you still feel good about doing something positive for the environment.

I have to say I have learned a lot more about Global Warming since yesterday's viewing of the movie. It has opened my mind, not just the movie, the discussions and my readings. I'm glad I learned more about this than simply from viewing that movie, because at the end of that show your basically sitting saying to yourself "we're doomed" "we're goners" , or if not us, our future generations. It's like saying bye-bye to the earth (which could be possible?). That's my interpretation... but it is also said, we're the problem, and also the solution. Who knows what will happen. Pray for the best and do your part when you can, but I think aside from all that, and doing your own part, we're just going to be along for the ride. Maybe none of what is said to happen will happen, some people believe this is just a blip. That's a nice thought, but it can't hurt to prepare for what's possibly ahead?

Just note, this is not the stir the pot, I am sharing my young minded, non-scientific point of view, that's it, that's all!

Last edited by OCDP; 11-29-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 PM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

I see my rant on this subject from last night has disappeared.

Sorry Mods and anyone else I may have offended. Sometimes I just get a little grumpy.

As OCDP said above:
"The movie sends at the very least, one simple message. Do your own part whenever you can. Simple enough, and surely it can't hurt to start making small changes to your daily routine. I already have, and to what extent it will "help" or make a difference I don't know, but at the end of the day, you still feel good about doing something positive for the environment."

I agree whole heartedly. It just makes me mad that a hypocrite like Gore makes millions off of creating hysteria, and people lap it up. I have no problem with people making lots of money, but doing it by creating hysteria and panic is not called for.