Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Masterbaiter

Joe Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Joe Reefer
Default Tank Nightmare

Ok...last night I had a nightmare that my tank let go. I was standing in the fish room next to the tank and the back piece just came off. It started stretching and stretching then fell to the floor. The funny thing is the dream continued on, grabbing fish off the floor, scrambling to find some water for corals. This went on for awhile but the wierd thing the floor was dry the whole time. It was the worst dream ever, I'll take snake ninja nightmare over this one anyday.

Has anyone else had a nightmare about their tank?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:39 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Time to get off the dope Lando.... I had a same dream ,but I came down stairs and the RO/DI unit was blowing water in the spare room. then I woke up to hear this loud spraying noise. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED....
I ran down stairs andwas standing in 1' of water in the back room not a happt camper either...........................
Old 11-23-2007, 02:52 PM

guysmiley is on a distinguished road

I too have run downstairs in the middle of the night to check on the tank. Thanfully nothing has been wrong... yet.

Garrick.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:05 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

I had the strangest dream last night. One of the kids at my group home was missing, and he called at 5am this morning. The number he called from came up on the call display (this part is true). But when I fell back to sleep, I dreamed that I was working with the police to track down the address connected to the phone number, and the name that eventually showed up was one of the members of this board, LOL. Their identity will remain secret though

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 11-23-2007, 04:09 PM

rusty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Reefer View Post
Ok...last night I had a nightmare that my tank let go. I was standing in the fish room next to the tank and the back piece just came off. It started stretching and stretching then fell to the floor. The funny thing is the dream continued on, grabbing fish off the floor, scrambling to find some water for corals. This went on for awhile but the wierd thing the floor was dry the whole time. It was the worst dream ever, I'll take snake ninja nightmare over this one anyday.

Has anyone else had a nightmare about their tank?
....WTF!!!! You are a weird dude!!! I agree lay off the dope!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:12 PM

calkrog is on a distinguished road

i had a nitemare about my old 45 gallon setup. the stand was a hagen particle board stand that had a custom sump in it, and since the tank was about 6 years old the boards were swollen up quite bad and i was starting to think that the whole tank was going to keel over and flood my house.

i finally had a nitemare that it did fall over, so after that i propped it up with 2x4's and no more nitemares.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I've been woken up to loud dursos or pipes sucking air. I freak out and run downstairs preparing for the worst. Another time it was a crab that made it into the intake of my return pump. But there is nothing like waking up thinking the water isn't in the tank anymore. In this regard ppl with 20 gallons must sleep like babies!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:32 PM

Matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
I've been woken up to loud dursos or pipes sucking air. I freak out and run downstairs preparing for the worst. Another time it was a crab that made it into the intake of my return pump. But there is nothing like waking up thinking the water isn't in the tank anymore. In this regard ppl with 20 gallons must sleep like babies!
From personal experience, I can say that even 10 gallons of salt water can make quite a bit of mess. Snick-crack-whoosh. There's a good soundtrack for a nightmare...
Old 11-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator

I cannot tell my dreams on this board

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:09 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Every now and again I'll have a dream that there's some tank somewhere that I've forgotten about, and I'll find it after it having been run unattended for like 6 months and there will be 1" of water in there. And yet strangely there would still be things alive in there.

I'm not sure that I've dreamt about a tank letting go (if I have, I don't recall). I do enough to spill water on the floor in real life that (I hope) I don't need to dream about it to fill that particular niche in my life.