Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 AM

Voxboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef_raf View Post
I think that list gives a good selection of tangs that will do well in a 70g, you can often tell the fast swimmers by their body shape, like Sohals, etc. A yellow is a good pick, mine was in a 4ft tank for the better part of 8 years and was very healthy.
I agree. I know people who have the genus Zebrasoma in their 60-90 tanks and have done very well over the years. Keep in mind that you will not be able to stock it as much becasue they do like their space. I have a 120 and made the mistake of buying a Vlamingii tang without doing my homework. He went from 1 inch to about 5 in less than 6 months and ended up spending a lot of his time darting from one end of the tank to the other. He was miserable and made all the other fish in my tank very stressed as well. I was fortunate that he was very greedy eater and I was able to get him out of the tank with a net because he would eat out of my hand. He ended up going to a 500 gallon tank in southern Ontario. Kole tang is another good choice. Again a tank that size...the yellow tang will rule and will need his space.