Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-18-2007, 03:17 PM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

I feed once a day. I mostly feed a combination of Ocean Nutrition mini pellets one and two. I use about a pinch and a half and I sprinkle them in very slowly to ensure they are eaten before they hit the bottom. I will use flakes or a mix of mysis, shrimp and blood worms once a week. I do feed a mini spoon of cyclopeze and reef roids about once a week for the filter feeders. I spot feed my anemones every couple of days as well. I feel my tanks are very well established and the fish, crabs and shrimp must work at finding their own dinner. Anyone who has seen my tanks will know that my fish are anything but starving. I feel that this is because the ON pellets are a complete meal and by mixing the formula one and two you give the fish a total variety.

Tom R

Last edited by Tom R; 10-19-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Moose is on a distinguished road

J,

I have about 17 fish and over forty to fifty different coral pieces which over a dozen are SPS. I feed a cube of frozen in the morning fozen in the evening with a 1/4 sheet of green nori everyday. Once week I will feed different corals krill upto 3 tablespoons worth with turkey baseter. I find even this generous feeding pattern keeps everything starved and not over eating. EXCEPT MY FOXFACE SHE A LITTLE PIGGY
My expierence with rock anemones is the quickest way to get rid of them for good is to use (Tropic Marin Elimi- Aiptas) time consuming as you have to squirt each one but haven't had a problem since

(150 Gal reef) profilux ll controller, 2GHL LED strips, 2 Hamilton 250 W MH, 5-2' 65w T-5's, 2 6100 Tunze's, RC 135 Euro Reef skim, dual chamber Calcium reactor, marine tech kalkwasser reactor and now zeovit
Old 10-18-2007, 04:00 PM

DanG is on a distinguished road

I usually feed twice a day, some flakes in the morning and a frozen something at night, cyclopeeze, bloodworms or formula 2.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

Once a day - NLS small fish formula or flake. I, too, have been using reef roids but have not noticed any difference in the corals. Once I run out I will not be buying anymore. The fish do seem to enjoy it, but they get enough NLS. I feed frozen foods in place of the NLS about once every two weeks. My fish actually seem to prefer NLS to frozen food.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

I feed pallets about three times a week. A Half a sheet of Nori once a week.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I find my fish love the NLS pellets too.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:14 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

1/2 sheet NORI every day - primarily for the Naso Tang, who seems to be the only hard-core vegan in the tank.

Once daily feeding of Ocean Nutrition mini pellets (3 tsps)

Once daily feeding of a chopped mix of: a clam, a shrimp, and some Octopus,Squid or fish. (That seafood mix that you can buy at T&T)

In terms of volume, it might be equivalent to maybe 6 frozen food cubes per day. The blue throat triggers can really eat!
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 10-18-2007, 07:04 PM

maxxxim is on a distinguished road

I feed pellets twice a day, just a small pinch each time for my fish. Every other day I spot feed my acans and suncoral, sometimes my hammer with PE mysis. For the filter feeders I give them a mixture of frozen cyclopeeze and reef roids, those are the days when I dont feed mysis.

Do clownfish like nori? I dont have anything else right now, I just upgraded
Old 10-19-2007, 03:40 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

My clowns have never taken to nori, but that probably doesn't mean all shun it. The tank they're in gets nori maybe once every week or so for the CC stars they share their tank with.

I feed once per day, some frozen mysis (1 teaspoon or 5ml approx), some flake or pellets (I cycle through a different one each day), and about 1/8 sheet of nori. I wish I could feed the frozen a little less because it's pretty rich stuff but it's the only food (besides clams or oysters or mussels) that my CBB will eat. (I've tried everything on him!!). Just so that his diet isn't completely monotypic I do occasionally offer some kind of shellfish from the market. (I'm sure this is real great on the bioload but what can you do.)
Old 10-19-2007, 03:55 AM

eddtango is on a distinguished road
Default Feeding

I feed my fish twice a day, nori in the morning and frozen mysis or ON pellets in the evening. I used "Aiptasia Control" to eradicate Aiptasia on my LR, never saw it again. The product was recommended by Wendell of OA.