Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 09-08-2007, 07:14 PM

wirehead is on a distinguished road
Default 500 watts of HQI Metal Halide Light

I have for sale (2) PFO mini HQI Pendants and (1) PFO MH Ballast for them.
Each pendant houses a 250 watt Giesemann Megachrome marine bulb for a total of 500 watts. The bulbs themselves are new as of June/07 and have run for about 8 hours/day.

The whole unit was purchased and has been used since May of 2006 at 8 hours/day.

All components are in excellent condition. Glass has no scratches, paint on pendants is scratch free and ballast cooling fins are clean and all plugs are clean and cables are like new. If you would like a pic of the stuff, just ask by email.

I am asking $500 (the stuff was $800 new). So let me know if you are interested. I am located in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, BC

Thanks for looking...
Old 09-08-2007, 09:46 PM

salty-ron is on a distinguished road

what are the measurment of your light. or what size of tank did u have it on
Old 09-08-2007, 11:09 PM

Each pendant is 12" long, 8" wide and 41/2" deep (top to bottom) and the ballast is 18" long 71/2" wide and 5" deep. I used them on a 90 gallon Oceanic Reef Ready tank (corner overflow) which is also for sale. if you are interseted I can send you pics of all this stuff. Cheers
Old 09-09-2007, 12:31 AM

pics would be nice
Old 09-09-2007, 04:13 AM

Send me your email address as my pics are too big for this sites upload assistant.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:57 AM

my email is ronave@gmail.com. im setting up a 72 gal reef tank. looking for a light that will work for my tank.

thanks salty...................
Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 AM

hey wirehead the lites look well taken care of. was woundering why your selling them. do both bulbs work off one balist.how noisey are the balist im setting my tank up in my living rm.are you firm on your price?are you willing to meet me half way on shipping?would this lite set up be enogh light for my tank i have a 72 gal. i want to do a reef tank with soft coarls.

thanks for your time .........salty......................
Old 09-10-2007, 05:15 AM

Yes I take care of all my things that cost me a substantial amount of cash. The reason I am selling them is that I don't have the time to give the hobby it deserves. As far as the price, yes I am firm. I don't want to give them away and we can talk about the shipping if you decide to purchase the unit. There is absolutely NO noise from the ballast and yes both lamps run off the same ballast. The amount of light that these give off will be more than enough for your setup no matter what you want to put in your tank, hard, soft corals and even clams. The lights give off a very nice rippling effect that many reefers are after and the effect goes right to the bottom of my 90 gallon which would be another 6 inches deeper that your tank. These are quality lights. I hope we can do business. I can't imagine shipping them would be all that much as you are not that far from here, so I might just pay for the whole deal, but we can cross that bridge when the time comes. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:53 AM

hey wirehead i think we call do a deal need to know how you want to do the payment? i can give you my phone number and you can call me direct. or give me your number and i can call you. wont be around tonight but can get in touch tomorrow. if that works for you.

chow for now salty......................................
Old 09-11-2007, 04:44 AM

Hey Salty.. I am happy that you have found the lights you need. You can call me at (250) 758-3335 after 6 pm any night this week. But if I happen to be out when you call, leave a message with your number and I will get back to you. As far as payment goes, have you ever tried emailing money to someone?? Have you ever used PayPal?? Call and I am sure we can work out something.

Kevin